Acer Nitro 5 an515 - 42 Keyboard not working.How to fix?

Answers

• The problem with the keyboard still remains?
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • tkjhapc
    tkjhapc Member Posts: 11

Tinkerer

yes i am still facing problem after bios update i updated my bios a month ago not now , not able to find any solution for this problem what to do . my laptop is still in warranty . suggest me something ?
  • andylb
    andylb ACE Posts: 3,827 Pathfinder
    edited September 2019
    tkjhapc said:
    yes i am still facing problem after bios update i updated my bios a month ago not now , not able to find any solution for this problem what to do . my laptop is still in warranty . suggest me something ?

There is a new BIOS update in the last week, v 1.16

Please click YES if I answered your question

I am not an ACER employee
    Thank you and have a blessed day  B)

★★ ACE Pathfinder 2019★★

• tkjhapc

Tinkerer

ok i will update after updating the bios
  • tkjhapc

Tinkerer

nothing changed after bios update i am too much frustated
  • andylb
    andylb ACE Posts: 3,827 Pathfinder
    tkjhapc said:
    nothing changed after bios update i am too much frustated

I would be frustrated too

Please click YES if I answered your question

I am not an ACER employee
    Thank you and have a blessed day  B)

★★ ACE Pathfinder 2019★★

• NYCMC
    NYCMC Member Posts: 42 Devotee WiFi Icon
    tkjhapc sorry my tips didn't work for you. This keyboard problem exists in other models as well if you search for it in the forum. This is a hardware problem as I've deduced in a previous post. If you can get a warranty repair or replacement go for it immediately. We cannot fix this problem but learn to live with it the best way we can. I would never recommend Acer to anyone I know.

https://community.acer.com/en/discussion/431658/aspire-e5-572g-some-keys-on-the-keyboard-not-working

• Mcnuvvet
    Mcnuvvet Member Posts: 2 New User
    @NYCMC I've been stalking this thread for a week or two and I'm terribly disappointed to find out that there is no solution for this. I bought this laptop refurbished in march so I'm much past the 90 day warranty. Add Acer to the list of companies who I cannot trust with my purchases.
  • NYCMC
    NYCMC Member Posts: 42 Devotee WiFi Icon
    This will be my last comment of this as this is a non-resolvable issue as far as I can tell.
    Mcnuvvet said:
    @NYCMC I've been stalking this thread for a week or two and I'm terribly disappointed to find out that there is no solution for this. I bought this laptop refurbished in march so I'm much past the 90 day warranty. Add Acer to the list of companies who I cannot trust with my purchases.
    Hey there, yeah I also bought this refurbed. I'll bet it was returned for exactly this keyboard problem. I have no reservations buying refurbed especially direct from the manufacturer.  But Acer is not even close to Apple's used program.  My MacBook Pro was literally brand new not with full of scratches and worn footpads like I received from Acer.
  • njr2003
    njr2003 Member Posts: 8

Tinkerer

Same problem here. Sometimes its working however most of the time the keys, Letter "S, K, O and Backspace" and Numerical pad #2 AN515-42 must be repeatedly being pressed hard to work. I tried all of the above suggestions and updated my bios but no Luck.... 
  • I suggest using the notebook warranty @njr2003.
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • njr2003

Tinkerer

edited October 2019
    @egydiocoelho

Thanks for your suggestion sir however in the Philippines warranty would take several months.... 
  • @njr2003Ideally, you create a new topic by clicking ask a question. Add me by putting an @.

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• njr2003

Tinkerer

egydiocoelho

my apology sir...
  • njr2003

Tinkerer

@egydiocoelho

Thanks for your suggestion sir.. In the Philippines warranty would take several months....
  • tkjhapc

Tinkerer

edited November 2019
    will replacement of keyboard solve the problem ? has anyone tried this ?

• I believe it can solve the problem.

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• tkjhapc

Tinkerer

Have you tried opening the notebook and then disconnecting and reconnecting the keyboard?
    nothing changed i tried this yesterday with a help of a person , going to chenge laptop keybord in few days let's see what happens .
  • Manny-Acer_Retired
    Manny-Acer_Retired Newbie Posts: 4,453 Guru
    Hi all,

I am very sorry to hear that you're experiencing issues with you Acer Nitro 5 Keyboard keys, please try resetting your unit to factory settings with Alt+F10 and installing all the Windows updates before testing your unit again and if the issue persist, we recommend contacting your local Acer support channels for better assistance:

• Go to our page https://www.acer.com/worldwide/ where you can select the country of your location and under the support tab, you can find the available service centers and technical support phone numbers.      

Thanks,
    Acer-Manny
This discussion has been closed.