Acer Nitro 5 an515 - 42 Keyboard not working.How to fix?

Options

Answers

• georgiradev3
    georgiradev3 Member Posts: 4 New User
    Options
    i will try thanks a lot

• georgiradev3
    georgiradev3 Member Posts: 4 New User
    Options
    i try but nothing
  • Commodore_1995#
    Options
    @georgiradev3 Ideally, you should create a new topic. That way, your question will be visible to other users. Add me by putting an @.
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • rmendz
    rmendz Member Posts: 1 New User
    Options
    NYCMC said:
    these keys..(im using an external keyboard now)

` 2 4 5 7 0 = Backspace num7 num4 num2 o s k left ctrl 
    I also had the same problem that started all of a sudden a few months ago. I could not find any similarities online until I saw your post. When I saw that you had problem with (o, s, k, 5, backspace, etc) keys I finally knew I was not alone!  It is driving me crazy.  I use my laptop for business sometimes and the problems with slow or dead keys really slow me down. The keys work or not work randomly and cold start or used for 5 hours make no difference.  When they don't work you need to keep hitting it or hold the key down forever until it works.

When one of the bad keys stop working chances are the other ones also stop working.  For me the most frequent bad keys are o,s,k and backspace. I'm guessing many other keys also go bad but I may not use them as frequently as my usual culprits.

I changed my keyboard setting to Mediakeys in UEFI.  I think it reduced the frequency of the keys going bad. I'll try to keep track of it and see if it really helped or just my optimism. Cheers

omgggg. I bought mine last July 2019, and it was prolly August or September when keys started to not work properly. I only got to deal with this now March 2020 since everyone's in lock down so I had to use my laptop the whole day at home and ACER wont reply to my emails and inquiries about this issue. Its exactly same keys not working for me. (o,k,s,2,5(number pad), ctrl,  and <backspace>). I have tried changing the ease of access keyboard settings, it sometimes work but mostly wont. lol. I will try doing the bios setting. Hope it gets beeter :< 
  • Commodore_1995#
    Options
    @rmendz Ideally, you should create a new topic. Add me by putting an @.
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • Playmouth
    Playmouth Member Posts: 4 New User
    Options
    tkjhapc said:
    oh god i thought i am the only one having this problem i also have same problem with keys (o,s,k,backspace,5, 4 ,left ctrl etc. ) i have done everything but not able to get rid of this problem . someone please help .
    I have the exact same problem with these keys, i've been uninstalling the keyboard controller and then reseting. The problem solves for a while but later returns.
    I'm desperated.
  • Commodore_1995#
    Options

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• Conqueror
    Conqueror Member Posts: 1 New User
    Options
    I have had this same problem with the same keys not working and was stalking this thread.
    I found a solution that has had great success with me.
    1. Open registry editor window by typing regedit in run window. 2. Go to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\i8042prt,, 3. Edit the Startvalue and set it to a hex or decimal value of 1. 4. Reboot
    This worked for me, tell me if it does for you guys too.
    My Keys not working properly were,
    2,S,4,5,7,O,K,Backspace,Left CTRL,= that I know of.
  • Rayzorblades12
    Rayzorblades12 Member Posts: 1 New User
    Options
    I had this happen to me shortly after buying my computer. I was able to solve the issue after some frustrating trial and error. What was happening for me is the keyboard connection to the MB was coming loose. So I take the back off, take the battery out and reseat it. The issue is that I have fixed this twice now with success each time. But after a month of use it comes loose again -__- I am actually going to “fix” it again tonight and maybe prevent it from happening again with some tape. I hope this helps some of you!
  • Umaidbhat
    Umaidbhat Member Posts: 1 New User
    Options
    these keys..(im using an external keyboard now)

` 2 4 5 7 0 = Backspace num7 num4 num2 o s k left ctrl 
    Same issue with me and 2 more guys ....same keys......have u found the solution
  • Commodore_1995#
    Options
    @Rayzorblades12 and @Umaidbhat Ideally, you should create a new topic.

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• harleiy
    harleiy Member Posts: 15 Troubleshooter
    Options
    Well, lucky for some of you that only  few keys are not working. Mine is all the keyboard keys are not working. Sometimes if it work only the number 1 and 2 keys and it continues to type on its own even i did not press it. Its like its being long press.  
  • vullnetyy
    vullnetyy Member Posts: 1 New User
    Options
    I am having the same problem with keys o s k Backspace r left ctrl and a few others. The funny thing is that I used an online keyboard tester and it worked perfectly there. Any solution to this yet?
  • Commodore_1995#
    Options
    @vullnetyy Ideally, you should create a new topic.

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• Lucaas
    Lucaas Member Posts: 1 New User
    Options
    Hi I have acer nitro 5 an517-51 and the keyboard doesn't work it went to Germany to fix then it worked for maybe 1month and it's again broken
  • Commodore_1995#
    Options

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• Playmouth
    Playmouth Member Posts: 4 New User
    Options
    I found the keyboard on Ebay and it says that it's compatible with the Nitro 5 AN515-42, but the keyboard model is LG5P_A52BRLCNY and mine is LG5P_A53BRLCNY, is there any problem with that?
  • Commodore_1995#
    Options
    No. But you must check the keyboard language.

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• LeonardA
    LeonardA Member Posts: 1 New User
    Options
    Having the same issue everyone is having. Tried uninstalling and installing keyboard on device manager, tried "reseting" the PC, still not working. About to turn it in to warranty at this point. Just adding this comment in hopes that it 
  • Commodore_1995#
    Options
    @LeonardA Have you tried to disconnect and reconnect the keyboard?https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I_NFBwQw7zMWhat is the version of the bios?

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

This discussion has been closed.