Acer Nitro 5 an515 - 42 Keyboard not working.How to fix?

Answers

• njr2003
    njr2003 Member Posts: 8

Tinkerer

I am already updated to the last windows update.. still the same
  • Have you tried updating the bios?
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • andylb
    andylb ACE Posts: 3,827 Pathfinder
    Have you tried updating the bios?

Good idea. It should be v 1.16 for this model 

Please click YES if I answered your question

I am not an ACER employee
    Thank you and have a blessed day  B)

★★ ACE Pathfinder 2019★★

• Quang23021998
    Quang23021998 Member Posts: 3 New User
    Hey guy i think i figured out why they malfunction some key or the whole keyboard. Mainly because of the screw underneath they didn't tight enough so the keyboard wont receive signal since it too loose and cant connected property to the mainboard . Therefore some of your guy should try tighten the screw .If that didn't work disconnect and reconnect the keyboard , stick it back into the mainboard. I have tried it works.
  • @Quang23021998 Can you post with the screw that should be better tightened? This would help other users.
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • Quang23021998
    Quang23021998 Member Posts: 3 New User
    I have to disconnect and reconnect the keyboard ribon cable . Also i placed a piece of plastic on them to make sure they connect properly .
  • njr2003

Tinkerer

Yes i am already updated with the latest bios sir... however i do not know how to take a screenshot at the bios settings...i did it at the device manager...

the screw or disconnecting and reconnecting the keyboard ribon cable was already posted at the previous page... i do not know if it solved the problem. As for me, sometimes some keys wont work and sometimes it works. Sometimes it works when u keep on pressing the key multiple times.times it works...
  • njr2003

Tinkerer

edited November 2019
    I voided my warranty just to open my laptop and clean disconnect and reconnect the keyboard ribon because i have much papers to submit tomorrow. However the same problem remains.... Maybe lets try to consider other brands in buying our next laptop..
  • So the problem may be on the keyboard.

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• tkjhapc
    tkjhapc Member Posts: 11

Tinkerer

edited December 2019
    tkjhapc said:
    will replacement of keyboard solve the problem ? has anyone tried this ?

my laptop keyboard has been replaced and my laptop is currently working alright .
    Edited the thread to hide personal information
    Acer-Samuel
  • RichardT
    RichardT Member Posts: 2 New User
    edited December 2019
    I have been encountering the same issue with the o,s,k,backspace,5, 4 ,left ctrl etc keys. I thought it was a driver issue, it ran great for the first 5 months. I had upgraded the memory to 32gb and replaced the mechanical drive with a 1tb SSD. I even added a WD 500gb M.2 SSD drive for additional space. However in July, the keyboard started having intermittent issues. I noticed when I typed it was a little slower and certain keys stopped working, that was about the time I added the M.2 SSD drive. The laptop has had various versions of Windows 10 installed and Linux Distro's. The problem persists, so it isn't a driver issue. I even bought another keyboard to replace it with, but after looking at what needed to be done to replace it and the fact it is still under warranty, I will hold off for now. However, I removed the M.2 SSD drive and the keyboard is working with the 1 TB SSD drive installed right now. No issues so far. I will give it a couple of days testing, but it has been running for the past hour without an issue. 

Edited the thread to hide personal information
    Acer-Samuel
  • ShawnCrown
    ShawnCrown Member Posts: 2 New User
    these keys..(im using an external keyboard now)

` 2 4 5 7 0 = Backspace num7 num4 num2 o s k left ctrl 
    i have exactly the same keys not functioning. Every 10 minutes or so for couple minutes i have to punch the keys or hold to use these keys. Then all of the sudden its working perfectly. And it started after my pc went through warranty repair of the lcd. During which my windows was reinstalled and bios was already updated.

Im 3d artist in Blender and Autodesk Maya and Unreal Engine 4. These keys are essential for my work and it is annoying AF.
  • njr2003

Tinkerer

the same keys not working on my laptop.... i observed a delayed response sometimes if it is working, and if it is not working i keep pressing it until it works... its very frustrating 
  • tkjhapc
    tkjhapc Member Posts: 11

Tinkerer

is is basically a keyboard problem , by only replacing the whole keyboard will fix this problem . i will suggest you if your laptop is under warranty then get it repaired .
  • ShawnCrown
    ShawnCrown Member Posts: 2 New User
    Highly ironical is the fact that this issue presented just after Pc came from warranty repair (I had to send my pc from Estonia to Poland)

• andylb
    andylb ACE Posts: 3,827 Pathfinder
    tkjhapc said:
    is is basically a keyboard problem , by only replacing the whole keyboard will fix this problem . i will suggest you if your laptop is under warranty then get it repaired .

Not always true. This problem occurred after warranty service, I suspect a loose Keyboard connector. Open your laptop and check that both ends of the keyboard connector ribbon cable are seated

Please click YES if I have answered your question

Please click YES if I answered your question

I am not an ACER employee
    Thank you and have a blessed day  B)

★★ ACE Pathfinder 2019★★

• xLukex
    xLukex Member Posts: 1 New User
    edited February 2020
    Ok guys, so I had the same problem for a while, it took me just five minutes research and I found the solution for my nitro 5.
    My problem was the right side of the keyboard, around the ''o, k, the bar to cancel the letters''
    I'm still trying to figure it out if it worked properly or not, so far so good.
    So go Windows Settings, then ''Ease of Access'', so you go to ''Keyboard'' and after it you need to find the option ''User Filter Key'', if it's ''on'' you turn it ''off'', if it's off you turned it on, then save it and test if they keys work properly, if they do, you can switch back to on or off, it doesnt matter, it will work on both modes.
    I got the solution on this video, in case this doesnt' work for you, try the other solutions.
    Will report in the upcoming days if it works on a long period or just short.
    Hope this helps.
    https://youtu.be/mXirM7HsZuw
  • JohnHeavenTerry
    JohnHeavenTerry Member Posts: 1 New User
    Had this problem for about a week, Various keys stopped working including :(Spacebar, H, B, C,V, And even the power button!- But worked when pressed ridiculously hard)

Uninstalled all keyboard drivers and reinstalled them, changed bios settings, used different drivers, literally everything available online...

But the way I fixed it was just by going into the back of the laptop and pushing the keyboard and trackpad cable in a bit further, it didn't look like it wasn't pushed in properly, but it managed to go in by another millimeter, reconnected the battery (Had to move it to get at the cable properly for my laptop, anyone trying this might not have to do this, but disconnect the battery before messing with the insides of your laptop... ) turned it on and everything was back to normal again.

The company I bought Laptop from I think tried to fix this problem by having black tape to hold it in, but had gone loose overtime.

• georgiradev3
    georgiradev3 Member Posts: 4 New User
    and i have the problem with (2,s,o,left ctrl,backspace) and i try everything you write without fix.I have an515-52 can someone help me 
  • @georgiradev3 Is there a function called touchpad in the bios? Have you tried to reset the battery?

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

This discussion has been closed.