Acer Extensa 215-52 Dual boot: Hard disk partitions not showing up on ubuntu installation

Options

Answers

• ZXD
    ZXD Member Posts: 60 Troubleshooter
    Options
    @JackE
    I have tried the ubuntu 20 also. The same issue is there. No hard disk partitions show up. 
    Just to tell you that after the reinstallation of window 10 it got activated when I connected to the internet. Please let me know any other settings I can change. 

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,478 Trailblazer
    Options
    Try MintCinnamon 19.3 to see what it does. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• ZXD
    Options
    I am familiar with ubuntu. Is it same like ubuntu. I mean the commands and softwares are same? 
  • JackE
    edited September 2020
    Options
    Yes. MintCinnamon uses the ubuntu kernel. The Cinnamon GUI can be easily set up with nearly the same look, feel, function and operation as the Windows GUI.  It's installation seems more flexible than the generic ubuntu installation. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• ZXD
    Options
    ok @JackE I read in this thread that user said
    "I was able to resolve the issue. I found the problem in creating the bootable, I missed a step wherein Boot selection dropdown "FreeDOS" was supposed to be selected before selecting the ISO. " I dont understand this point.
    BTW i am downloading the LINUX mint. will let you know soon. thanks
  • ZXD
    edited September 2020
    Options
    I think issue is not with bootable USB OR linux distros but with the bios settings. What do you says @JackE
    Is there any other who can help me on this issue? 

• JackE
    Options
    Good luck. We'll await your report on a successful installation.   :)   Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• JackE
    Options
    Possible. Some BIOS behave unexpectedly or in odd ways to both Win and Lin installations. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• Commodore_1995#
    Options
    I think it would be interesting for you to send some pictures of the bios settings, so that we can check the settings.
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • ZXD
    Options
    It's been 3 days I am searching for this dual boot thing but no luck. Thinking of selling this disgusting ACER LAPTOP on OLX or eway. It's very Pthithetic experience with Acer. 
  • ZXD
    edited October 2020
    Options
    I think it would be interesting for you to send some pictures of the bios settings, so that we can check the settings.

Here you go Sir. 

[Título editado para añadir el nombre del producto]
  • ZXD
    Options
    @egydiocoelho did you check the images. Is any settting wrong in bios? Please let me know. My work is suffering just because of this system. I need to ubuntu not window for my work. Please help me. 
  • ZXD
    Options
    One more question in this image do I have 2 slots for HDD? As I can see HDD0 IS NONE. and HDD1 is my wd hard disk. 
  • ZXD
    Options
    @JackE same issue with linux mint. See image
  • ZXD
    edited October 2020
    Options
    ZXD said:
    One more question in this image do I have 2 slots for HDD? As I can see HDD0 IS NONE. and HDD1 is my wd hard disk. 

• ZXD
    edited October 2020
    Options
    ZXD said:
  • JackE
    Options
    I think you should check to see if the m2 socket has the optane card installed. This might be the issue. Linux doesn't yet work with the optane enhanced HDD which was the original SATA mode before you changed it the AHCI. It is located near the RAM socket and you may be able to see it without violating the warranty as long as no tamper seals are broken. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• ZXD
    Options
    @JackE there is no JSSD1 card inserted. See in the image

• JackE
    Options
    Follow this Mint guide to install the system on sdb instead of sda. There's a gparted-like application in the something else section of the installer that allows you to choose another installation drive. https://linuxmint-installation-guide.readthedocs.io/en/latest/install.html

Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• JackE
    Options
    Then follow this Mint guide to install the system on sdb instead of sda. There's a gparted-like application in the something else section of the installer that allows you to choose another installation drive. https://linuxmint-installation-guide.readthedocs.io/en/latest/install.html

Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ