[ACER CONCEPTD 9] ConceptD Palette App is DOWN, 0 Fans Control, Laptop's Throttling... NEED HELP !!!

Options

Answers

• Angelo_Arch
    Angelo_Arch Member Posts: 18 Troubleshooter
    Options
    Yep, Palette app won't launch on Windows 11 on ConceptD Ezel 7.
  • Ingrid-Acer
    Ingrid-Acer Administrator Posts: 3,308 Community Administrator
    edited February 2022
    Options
    Hello all, 

After investigation, it was determined that this issue is occurring due what appears to be a compatibility issue with the Microsoft performance monitor tool. In some cases when a factory reset was performed the app worked, but  I am afraid  we don't have, at the moment, a definitive solution for it, we have reported the incompatibility to the appropriate groups and will update the thread if we are able to get a workable solution. We again apologize for any inconveniences this may cause you. 

Best Regards, 
    Acer-Ingrid 
  • iboirsbelov
    iboirsbelov Member Posts: 6

Tinkerer

Options
    Hello all, 

After investigation, it was determined that this issue is occurring due what appears to be a compatibility issue with the Microsoft performance monitor tool. In some cases when a factory reset was performed the app worked, but  I am afraid  we don't have, at the moment, a definitive solution for it, we have reported the incompatibility to the appropriate groups and will update the thread if we are able to get a workable solution. We again apologize for any inconveniences this may cause you. 

Best Regards, 
    Acer-Ingrid 
    hello Ingrid.You are really?)  It's been a one year since the first post. Your laptop costs $1,500. I think in a year, it was possible to hire freelancers to create a new application based on FanSpeed) The laptop gets very hot without your application.
  • RaySober
    RaySober Member Posts: 4 New User
    Options
    So, it's been almost an entire YEAR since I've posted this. Resulsts ? You may ask ? Well, let me tell ya' :

NOTHING !

Yeah, you read correctly !
    So let's summerize the situation, shall we ?

- The ACER CONCEPTD 9 (and 9 Pro) Cost : Between $4000 and $6000 depends on where you live
    - Completely removed from the stores, like magic ! This laptop never existed lol !
    - While at first it was completely stupid that, for a CREATOR LAPTOP (as you called it), you could'nt even tweak the fan speed, now it is still impossible to even CHECK your fan speed !
    - Because of all of this, this laptop becomes even slower and bad than simple $1000 gaming laptops !

Acer doesn't give a single f... about all of this. Let be real : WE WERE ROBBED !
    They won't change anything, they wontt launch any updates, they won't launch like a sort of update to actually control theses f...ing fans and actually be able to USE CORRECTLY this laptop, no ! All we will have at the end of this day, is some ACER Helper saying "well we are aware and that's about it ! have a g'day and don't forget to check out our lasts offers ! ^^ lol".

To all of my ConceptD 9(and Pro) comerades, I am, with you, sorry to have fall in such a scam. The Laptop was really promising, but it ended as a super powerfull machine restrained by an absolute garbage BIOS, Software and no form of communication from the devs.

Because I am quite stupid, I still somehow dream about Acer actually caring about us just for few days and launch some little BIOS updates that allow us to control the fan speed and actually using this machine as entended... but we all know how it will end. With Nothing.
  • RaySober
    Options
    PS :
    that would be very funny if they somehow find my last post too "true" and delete it, it would show how fast they can act when it doesn't involve actually helping customers :smile:
  • Commodore_1995#
    Commodore_1995# ACE Posts: 97,760 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓
    Options
    @RaySober I believe it is possible to install Predator Sense with some modifications.
    a) download predator sense here: https://global-download.acer.com/GDFiles/Application/Predator Sense/Predator Sense_Acer_3.00.3136_W10x64_A.zip?acerid=637295963588423777&Step1=NOTEBOOK&Step2=PREDATOR&Step3=PREDATOR PH315-52&OS=ALL&LC=pt&BC=ACER&SC=PA_3
    b) go to the plugs folder and find the Predator PH315-52 folder:

c) change the name Predator PH315-52 to ConceptD CN917-71 or ConceptD CN917-71P depending on your model version:
    d) run the installation!

Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • RaySober
    Options
    @RaySober I believe it is possible to install Predator Sense with some modifications.
    a) download predator sense here: https://global-download.acer.com/GDFiles/Application/Predator Sense/Predator Sense_Acer_3.00.3136_W10x64_A.zip?acerid=637295963588423777&Step1=NOTEBOOK&Step2=PREDATOR&Step3=PREDATOR PH315-52&OS=ALL&LC=pt&BC=ACER&SC=PA_3

c) change the name Predator PH315-52 to ConceptD CN917-71 or ConceptD CN917-71P depending on your model version:
    d) run the installation!

THERE IS NO WAY !!!! IT DOES WORK !!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WHAT A GENIUS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

YOU CAN ACTUALLY CONTROL EVERYTHING !!! YOU CAN SET THE FANS AT MAX SPEED !!!!!!!! IT WAS JUST THIS SIMPLE !!!!!

Thank you soooo much !!! I will finaly be able to use this beast as entended !!! Your answer to this post will probably help a ton of users like me !! thank you very very much !!!!!!
  • Commodore_1995#
    Options
    @RaySober Does the mobile function also work?
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • Kirby47
    Kirby47 Member Posts: 1 New User
    Options

d) run the installation!

Unfortunately, it still can't be used to adjust the color profile.

Now my ezel can't even color calibrate.
  • Commodore_1995#
    Options
    Kirby47 said:

d) run the installation!

Unfortunately, it still can't be used to adjust the color profile.

Now my ezel can't even color calibrate.
    The Predator sense does not have the function to calibrate the colors. Predator sense is a program that monitors temperatures and adjusts fan speeds. You must use the specific program to calibrate the colors in conceptd!

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• bambue
    bambue Member Posts: 1 New User
    edited May 2022
    Options

d) run the installation!

Hi, I have tried this method and while I did get the software to run and saw the fan UI settings, changing them had no effect. My model is ConceptD CC715-71. I tried Auto, Max, and Custom. I also tried following this video but no effect as well https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kFjd6Lh--tA&t=5s
  • Commodore_1995#
    Options
    @bambue Your model comes with a tenth generation processor. Try the Predator PH315-54 name for the ConceptD CC715-71.

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• Bacchinif
    Bacchinif Member Posts: 54 Devotee WiFi Icon
    Options

Native Acer apps are a joke.

• Lightning1911
    Lightning1911 Member Posts: 5

Tinkerer

Options

Hey Everyone,

is there also an option that this will work with a ConceptD CT300-52A

Thank you in advanced for your Help.

• Commodore_1995#
    Options

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• Ignac
    Ignac Member Posts: 4 New User
    edited March 2023
    Options

Is there any solution ( predatorSense or different ) for ConceptD CT300-52A ( i7-11700F, Windows 11 )

in "plugs" i found some specifications ( can i just change it? do i need to have installed all SW for example GeForce Experience ? )

• from plugs:
      • Path6=C:\Program Files (x86)\NVIDIA Corporation\NVIDIA GeForce Experience\NVIDIA GeForce Experience.exe
      • [Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-10300H CPU @ 2.50GHz] Path=i5-10300H CPU … change to i7-11700F ??
      • RTXGPU_en=https://www.nvidia.com/en-us/geforce/20-series/rtx/ … change to 30-series/rtx/ ??

i have tried also win11 solution, but also did not worked :

Predator sense version 3162 works correctly on windows 11:

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1L3Ln-WkCvogX1OUmr74i3h8jk4ICVF94

Is it possible to configure it also for ConceptD CT300-52A and add solution to Google Drive ?

Thank you very much

• Commodore_1995#
    Options

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• Ignac
    Options

Yes, if it should work, then I am not sure which one should be changed

• PredatorSense_V3.00.3192_MSFT_SIGNED_20220530-20230306T101029Z-001

• Commodore_1995#
    Options

@Ignac The PO3-630 model also uses the core i7-11700F processor. Download this version of predator sense: https://global-download.acer.com/GDFiles/Application/Predator%20Sense/Predator%20Sense_Acer_3.00.3050_W11x64_A.zip?acerid=637782422285665680&Step1=DESKTOP&Step2=PREDATOR&Step3=PREDATOR%20PO7-640&OS=ALL&LC=en&BC=ACER&SC=PA_6

Then go to that folder and change the name Predator PO3-630 to ConceptD CT300-52A:

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• Ignac
    Options

If somebody is looking for it

I found link below ( also posted by egydiocoelho)

Click here: https://global-download.acer.com/GDFiles/Application/Predator Sense/Predator Sense_Acer_3.00.3050_W11x64_A.zip?acerid=637782422285665680&Step1=DESKTOP&Step2=PREDATOR&Step3=PREDATOR PO5-640&OS=ALL&LC=pt&BC=ACER&SC=PA_3

/* ——————————————- */

At this point it only gives me the possibility to adjust 2 fans ( front and back ), so i have tried

• Solution 1
      • try to overwrite [FanSupport] in installation file CPU value from 0 to 1 ( CPU=1 )
        • still do not see CPU fan in predatorSense
    • Solution 2
      • in BIOS disable “smart fan” and control these 2 in predatorSense
        • it did not work
    • Solution 3
      • in BIOS enable “smart fan”
      • set predatorSense-FAN Control to “Custom”
      • then restart PC ( now all FANs running at higher than auto speed … also CPU_Fan )
      • set predatorSense-FAN Control to “Auto”
        • this only affects 2 FANs ( not CPU Fan )
      • this looks like the CPU fan has high RPM, while front and back fan are on auto
        • since the problem was cooling CPU, then this problably is solution without other fans doing “vacuum cleaner” noice…but I can imagine something more elegant

Please if you have better ideas how to control CPU Fan, please share

Thank you very much