[ACER CONCEPTD 9] ConceptD Palette App is DOWN, 0 Fans Control, Laptop's Throttling... NEED HELP !!!

Options
Hi Everyone !

First of, excuse my english typos, I'm French but I'm posting on the EN forum because French's forum is completely dead...

So, I acquired an ACER CONCEPD 9 (the non-pro version, with the RTX2080) in November 2020. Overall this is a good laptop.
BUT, there are some issues with it and, because this laptop is so rare and unique, there is little to NO information on this CONCEPTD collection.

1) ConceptD Palette is Down
So for the ConceptD laptops, the only app to see the laptop performances is this "Conceptd Palette" software. During some month it worked well, but suddenly, quite some month ago, clicking on the app icon does nothing. Palette does appears in my task manager, but nothing on screen. The app doesn't open. I tried to uninstall it, re-install it again, everything is up to date in my laptop, but still nothing.

2) 0 Fan Control
Probably the biggest flaw with this laptop. You cannot, by any way, control the fans speed. The laptop's temperatures are greats, but under stress test the fans aren't at max speed so the laptop throttle and perfoms really badly...

So ACER, PLEASE, This laptop "for 3D artists" cost me 5000€, PLEASE add a way to control the fans on this ConceptD 9 and fix ConceptD Palette... It's infuriating to buy something that expensive to end up having worse performances than a simple gaming laptop at 1400€... It feels like Acer don't even care about it's ConceptD clients...

Best Answer

Answers

• Manny-Acer_Retired
    Manny-Acer_Retired Newbie Posts: 4,453 Guru
    Options
    RaySober said:
    Hi Everyone !

First of, excuse my english typos, I'm French but I'm posting on the EN forum because French's forum is completely dead...

So, I acquired an ACER CONCEPD 9 (the non-pro version, with the RTX2080) in November 2020. Overall this is a good laptop.
    BUT, there are some issues with it and, because this laptop is so rare and unique, there is little to NO information on this CONCEPTD collection.

So for the ConceptD laptops, the only app to see the laptop performances is this "Conceptd Palette" software. During some month it worked well, but suddenly, quite some month ago, clicking on the app icon does nothing. Palette does appears in my task manager, but nothing on screen. The app doesn't open. I tried to uninstall it, re-install it again, everything is up to date in my laptop, but still nothing.

2) 0 Fan Control
    Probably the biggest flaw with this laptop. You cannot, by any way, control the fans speed. The laptop's temperatures are greats, but under stress test the fans aren't at max speed so the laptop throttle and perfoms really badly...

So ACER, PLEASE, This laptop "for 3D artists" cost me 5000€, PLEASE add a way to control the fans on this ConceptD 9 and fix ConceptD Palette... It's infuriating to buy something that expensive to end up having worse performances than a simple gaming laptop at 1400€... It feels like Acer don't even care about it's ConceptD clients...
    I am very sorry to hear this RaySober, i have sent you a private message requesting more information to better assist you, please reply at your earliest convenience.

Thanks in advance,
    Acer-Manny
  • aboutblank
    aboutblank Member Posts: 7

Tinkerer

Options
    Is there any update to this problem? 
    Also on my Concept D7 Ezel Pro the Palette Software is not working. 

I throttled down the processor power usage in the general energy settings since my Notebook fans + cooling pad can't keep up with the heat.

@Acer-Manny Also since others are experience this problem - could you please publicly post your answers instead of keeping them in private messages?
    Maybe we can all benefit from them. Thanks in advance

• AleT
    AleT Member Posts: 1 New User
    Options
    Any news on this front? I have the same problem, the Palette program stopped working suddenly. I have tried uninstalling it and reinstalling it but no dice. I like the laptop but it sorely lacks any kind of customizability, and now without Palette I can't even swap color profiles on the fly...Any help?
  • ihatearial
    ihatearial Member Posts: 9

Tinkerer

Options
    I'm having the same issues, fans NEVER ramp up they always stay very silent, CPU throttle very frequently and no options available on bios to create a fan curve or something.
  • Rossball
    Rossball Member Posts: 5

Tinkerer

Options
    Manny0820 said:
    RaySober said:
    Hi Everyone !

2) 0 Fan Control

I am very sorry to hear this RaySober, i have sent you a private message requesting more information to better assist you, please reply at your earliest convenience.

Thanks in advance,
    Acer-Manny
    Manny0820 Can you post how to fix this so other people can get the fix.
  • iboirsbelov
    iboirsbelov Member Posts: 6

Tinkerer

edited October 2021
    Options
    Hello everyone. I have this trouble too.

I have a Concept D3, but Pallete App can't run. I tried download early version, but it can't work.

Maybe who know, how fix it?

Acer team, tell me please? Why did I buy your laptop from $ 3000, and it have any problem (ConceptD Pallete App - cant work -> Fans work bad, because i can't change setting for fans laptop -> Perfomance work bad, because temperature laptop very hot (because fans word bad -> because Pallete app no work)

Maybe you can connect for my laptop for TeamViewer, and fix it? 
  • aboutblank

Tinkerer

Options
    Is there any update to this problem? 
    Also on my Concept D7 Ezel Pro the Palette Software is not working. 

I throttled down the processor power usage in the general energy settings since my Notebook fans + cooling pad can't keep up with the heat.

Also since others are experience this problem - could you publicly post your answe

• iboirsbelov

Tinkerer

Options
    @Acer-Ingrid hello! you online, can you tell me about this problem? 
  • Ingrid-Acer
    Ingrid-Acer Administrator Posts: 3,303 Community Administrator
    Options
    Hello all, 

I am  so sorry for the inconvenience it may be causing you.  About the ConceptD Palette, may I ask you which version of the OS and if the issue started after any kind of update. Would be interesting to know the unit model as well. 

Unfortunately We are not able to  take control of your computer, it would be against the community agreement, I am sorry about that, but the Acer support team will ne happy to set up a repair, if you think a repair or evaluation is necessary, I will leave the link here in case you want to contact them. 

Best Regards, 
    Acer-Ingrid

[Note: The Acer Community is not a direct portal to Customer service, the Acer Forum Discussions were designed as a peer to peer community where Acer users help other Acer users. Many Acer employees (Moderators), read the various topics posted here and you will notice that some Acer employees interact with members when appropriate, primarily we want the community to be a place where members can exchange their own advice and ideas. Please contact your local support channels for direct Acer assistance.]
  • iboirsbelov

Tinkerer

Options
     Acer-Ingrid said:
    Hello all, 

I am  so sorry for the inconvenience it may be causing you.  About the ConceptD Palette, may I ask you which version of the OS and if the issue started after any kind of update. Would be interesting to know the unit model as well. 

Unfortunately We are not able to  take control of your computer, it would be against the community agreement, I am sorry about that, but the Acer support team will ne happy to set up a repair, if you think a repair or evaluation is necessary, I will leave the link here in case you want to contact them. 

Best Regards, 
    Acer-Ingrid

[Note: The Acer Community is not a direct portal to Customer service, the Acer Forum Discussions were designed as a peer to peer community where Acer users help other Acer users. Many Acer employees (Moderators), read the various topics posted here and you will notice that some Acer employees interact with members when appropriate, primarily we want the community to be a place where members can exchange their own advice and ideas. Please contact your local support channels for direct Acer assistance.]
    Early i had Windows 10, and today i installed Windows 11. 
    I tried download latest version Palette, and oldest version, but nothing. 

Can you sent me working version ConceptD Palette? 
  • Ingrid-Acer
    edited October 2021
    Options
    Thank you for the information, could please send  me the unit model so I can take a look on it. EX CN315-71. 

Regards, 
    Acer-Ingrid
  • iboirsbelov

Tinkerer

Options
    Acer ConceptD 3
    CN314-72G
    Thank you for the information, could please send  me the unit model so I can take a look on it. EX CN315-71. 

Regards, 
    Acer-Ingrid

• aboutblank

Tinkerer

Options

Regards, 
    Acer-Ingrid
    Hello Acer-Ingrid and thanks for getting back to us. 

My Concept D7 Ezel Pro runs as ConceptD CC715-91P

If you could provide me with running Palette Version also, that would be much appreciated.

Thanks in advance
  • Mugly
    Mugly Member Posts: 3 New User
    Options

Regards, 
    Acer-Ingrid
    Hi! ConceptD Palette doesn't work on my GN917-71 either. I will be very glad if you help me with this problem! Thank you!
  • Blayn-Acer
    Blayn-Acer Administrator Posts: 2,355 Community Administrator
    edited November 2021
    Options
    I am trying to collect some data to help resolve your issues with the PaletteD software. It is recommended to use the latest version posted on https://www.acer.com/ac/en/US/content/drivers and use the OEM operating system that shipped on the computer. If the PaletteD software is not working on your system, you can try a windows recovery using the option of retaining user data to see if it will resolve the issue. If your software is still not working, please provide the information below.

1. Computer Model Name: 
    2. Operating system: (If you are running Windows 11, are you using the upgrade, or  a clean install?)
    3. Error message or description of what happens when you try to launch the software.
    4. Has your computer ever been repaired to have HDD or Mainboard replaced?
  • Mugly
    Options
    I am trying to collect some data to help resolve your issues with the PaletteD software. It is recommended to use the latest version posted on https://www.acer.com/ac/en/US/content/drivers and use the OEM operating system that shipped on the computer. If the PaletteD software is not working on your system, you can try a windows recovery using the option of retaining user data to see if it will resolve the issue. If your software is still not working, please provide the information below.

1. Computer Model Name: 
    2. Operating system: (If you are running Windows 11, are you using the upgrade, or  a clean install?)
    3. Error message or description of what happens when you try to launch the software.
    4. Has your computer ever been repaired to have HDD or Mainboard replaced?
    1. CN917-71
    2. Windows 11, upgrade (before the upgrade, the application also did not start)
    3. The application simply does not start, after clicking on the icon nothing happens
    4. No repairs
  • bhin
    bhin Member Posts: 1 New User
    Options
    My ConceptD palette also isn't working. Tried updating from the driver link but still nothing.

1. CN515-71
    2. Windows 11, upgrade (palette hadn't run on windows 10 before upgrade)
    3. unable to launch application, even after upgrade and re-install
    4. no repairs
  • Ingrid-Acer
    Options
    Hello, 

Thank you very much for the information you provided. Our team still investigating this issue. In order to collect more data, I sent  you a private message asking for some additional information, please reply at your convenience.  

Best Regards, 
    Acer-Ingrid 

• flab
    flab Member Posts: 1 New User
    Options
    @Acer-Ingrid
    @Acer-Blayn

Same problem here, ConceptD palette doesn't launch

1) CC715-71
    2) Windows 10 Pro (version 20H2)
    3. unable to launch application
    4. no repairs

Please help, need to change color profile.

regards,

• Mugly
    Options
    209 days have passed since the first message. ConceptD palette is still dead...