ConceptD 300 Desktop temperature and cooling

Hi!

I recently bought a ConceptD 300 desktop and was surprised to find that the computer, despite its very high price, fails at maintaining normal temperatures. After starting the computer, the entire rear panel of the graphics card rises to an alarmingly high temperature. Is this normal for this desktop? Can I safely replace the whole case (I take into account the custom power supply and the front panel)?

Thank You!

Answers

• Coqui13
    Coqui13 ACE Posts: 2,215 Pathfinder
    What are exactly the temperatures TonyWyso? Does it get too hot to the touch? Does it turn off due to the high temperatures?

☑ No trabajo para Acer, soy voluntario.
    ☑ Para cerrar el tema, marque " aceptar como solución" la respuesta correcta que le fue de utilidad.
    ☑ Lo siento pero no se responde a preguntas de manera privada, debe abrir un nuevo tema en el lugar indicado del foro para que pueda recibir ayuda.

★★ ACE Pathfinder 2015-2019 ★★

• TonyWyso
    TonyWyso Member Posts: 4 New User
    edited July 2021
    Coqui13 said:
    What are exactly the temperatures TonyWyso? Does it get too hot to the touch? Does it turn off due to the high temperatures?

It gets really hot, touching isn't the greatest idea. It doesn't turn off tho. The temperatures can reach up to 90 degrees Celcius. Is it normal on this pre-build setup?
  • Easwar
    Easwar Member Posts: 6,727 Guru
    Hi TonyWyso,

Is the Fan spins normally or it stucks.
  • TonyWyso
    edited July 2021
    Easwar said:
    Hi TonyWyso,

It spins normally. Running something like games makes the heat unbearable.
  • MadHatch
    MadHatch Member Posts: 4 New User
    If it's running that hot when it's not under load (i.e. playing a game or something, just sitting there doing nothing) I would suggest that you have a faulty machine and send it back for a replacement. The ConceptD 300 CT300-51A I have does run a little high under load, but the case remains at normal temp. 
  • TonyWyso
    Easwar said:
    Hi TonyWyso,

It spins normally. Running something like games makes the heat unbearable.
  • MadHatch
    MadHatch Member Posts: 4 New User
    Have you checked the fans on the graphics card to see if they are spinning?

Also - are you leaving enough clearance around the machine to allow for airflow? 
  • Lightning1911
    Lightning1911 Member Posts: 5

Tinkerer

Hello,

i've the same Problem that the CPU Fan did not Spin over 691 RPM under load. Therefore the CPU starts trottling down which alsways returns in Lags during Gaming.

The Fans are Spinning all on my System. For me the Problem starts after i've used the System now for 3 Months. Before that i could not figure out such Problems.

Any Idea what can cause such Problems?

Thanks

• migueloncf
    migueloncf Member Posts: 1 New User

Hello.
    I have the same problem and I have noticed that it does not increase the speed of the CPU fan, I can not find a way to do it, in the BIOS it can not be modified and neither in the power plan, programs like Speedfan does not recognize the motherboard or the CPU fan.
    I need help

• I suggest you ask a new question and let me know the exact model. Example AN515-55-5890.

Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :)