acer vn7-571g bios can't find any ssd or hdd or dvdrom

Options

Answers

• Commodore_1995#
    Options

Try it this way:

a) extract this file:

b) these two files will appear:

c) I don't know which is the correct file for your model. You have to extract the correct file like this:

d) then this folder will appear:

e) these files will appear:

f) try running this file:

g) try to run the file, from the command prompt you were trying to run earlier.

Updating the bios is risky and I take no responsibility for any damage.

Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,586 Trailblazer
    Options

OK. Let's first try @egydiocoelho 's suggestion just before my last post. If that doesn't work, we'll try a 2019 Windows version to see if it recognizes its system files.

Jack E/NJ

• Majekaz
    Majekaz Member Posts: 110 Die Hard WiFi Icon
    Options

I can use only these 2 files (check cmd) but my battery is dead and this error pop up

• JackE
    Options

Plug the charger in! Wait till the charge LED turns solid blue. Then try it again.

Jack E/NJ

• Majekaz
    Options

My battery is dead. Completely dead.

• Commodore_1995#
    Options

But has the firmware been updated? That message just indicates that the battery was low and probably the firmware was not updated.

Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • JackE
    Options

Plug the charger in! Wait till the charge LED turns solid blue. Then try it again.

Jack E/NJ

• Majekaz
    Options

Now this error coming up

• JackE
    Options

You did not go deep enough into the zip file archive. The TKBI0119.EXE & TKBI0119-BW.EXE further unzip into this folder structure. The executable to run is H2OFFT*.EXE. If neither of these unzipped folders work, then we will have to try the FN+ESC method by re-naming the isflash.fd file.

Jack E/NJ

• Majekaz
    Options

I getting same error. We need to try esc+fn

• JackE
    Options

OK. Re-name the isflash.fd files to hdsb119.fd. for the unzipped BroadWell EXE. And hds119.fd for the unzipped HasWell EXE.

Copy only one re-named FD file on an empty FAT32 stick preferrably with an activity LED so you can tell if the BIOS chip is reading it.

Put the stick with only one FD file in the socket with battery fully charged and plugged in.

Then press and hold the FN+ESC keys. While still holding the keys, short press power button to turn on.

Watch for steady LED activity. Then you can release the keys.

If successful, the machine should shut itself off after about 3-5 minutes.

If unsuccessful, try the other FD file.

Jack E/NJ

• Majekaz
    Options

so only one file in the stick at the time? Asking just because you said files.

OK. Re-name the isflash.fd files to hdsb119.fd.

• JackE
    Options

>>>>so only one file in the stick at the time?>>>

Yes, only one file on the FAT32 stick at a time.

Jack E/NJ

• Majekaz
    Options

Doesn't work. Tried both files and it looks like laptop loading longer but still come up no bootable device

• JackE
    Options

Please post a new phone photo of the BIOS INFORMATION tab.

Jack E/NJ

• Majekaz
    edited January 2023
    Options

Nothings changed.

[Edited the content to hide sensitive information]

• JackE
    Options

And please refer to @egydiocoelho 's earlier link below on pressing FN+TAB 3 times with F12 boot option enabled to see HDD.

>>>>>This issue does not appear to be exclusive to version 1.16. This user was facing the same issue with bios in version 1.14: https://community.acer.com/pt/discussion/comment/777765/#Comment_777765

He also said that by pressing fn+tab three times and with the f12bootmenu activated, apparently the hard drive was recognized:

>>>

Jack E/NJ

• Majekaz
    Options

Tried. I think i need to give up

• JackE
    Options

Do you have a 2.5" USB-to-HDD adapter like shown below? They are very inexpensive? If we can boot from the HDD, we might have a better chance of running the Windows flash executable.

Jack E/NJ

• Majekaz
    Options

Do we need to make bootable hdd?