• Majekaz
    Majekaz Member Posts: 110 Die Hard WiFi Icon
    Options

Model Name: VN7-571G-57X8 | Part Number: NX.MRVEL.033 

Is it this one?

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,586 Trailblazer
    Options

What model and number is your m.2 card and 2.5" HDD?

Jack E/NJ

• Majekaz
    Options

M.2 is wd green and kingston a400. 2.5mm is kingston hyper x. All these use to work before on that laptop. Dvd-rom is original factory but doesnt work anymore

• JackE
    Options

>>>M.2 is wd green and kingston a400. 2.5mm is kingston hyper x>>>Dvd-rom is original factory but doesnt work anymore>>>

1. Did you remove the DVD player?
    2. So you have one m.2 WD green SSD and one 2.5" Kingston SSD installed? Is this correct?
    3. Which SSD is the boot drive?

Jack E/NJ

• Majekaz
    Options

Only one slot for m.2 and its wd, i though my m.2 is gone so i got a400. I tested a400 in repair shop and its definitely working. I removed dvd just because of easy access to motherboard.

• Majekaz
    Options

I tried 2.5mm seagate barracuda hdd but bios not able to see it as well

• JackE
    Options

Was the m.2 SSD slot empty when you tested the barracuda?

Jack E/NJ

• Majekaz
    Options

No. I had tested with only kingston hyper x and this ssd was this laptop about 3 years and was fine.

• Majekaz
    Options

Is it any way to flash this bios from bootable usb stick? I seen video in youtube how to do but after unzipping bios .exe file is no where file called insydeflash.exe

• JackE
    edited January 2023
    Options

>>>No. I had tested with only kingston hyper x and this ssd was this laptop about 3 years and was fine>>>

We need to test the Barracudo by itself !!!RIGHT NOW!!! to see if it shows up in the BIOS. No other m.2 cards or DVD connected. Not even a USB stick.

We need to do this before doing anythng about BIOS firmware. There is a high probability of completely bricking your machine.

Jack E/NJ

• Majekaz
    Options

I tried just now and no luck

• JackE
    Options

OK. With only the Barracuda installed, change the BIOS to legacy mode. F10 to save legacy mode setting and exit BIOS menu. Then shut the machine off. Then turn it back on and immediately press F2 to enter the BIOS menu again. Does the Barracuda now show up in BIOS Information tab?

Jack E/NJ

• Majekaz
    Options

You mean legacy in the boot menu?

If yes so still doesn't work

• JackE
    Options

Yes. Change it to legacy. You might have to set and save a supervisor password to make it stay in legacy mode. And with only the Barracuda installed.

Jack E/NJ

• Majekaz
    Options

Did, doesn't work.

• JackE
    Options

Has the machine been sometimes shutting down or freezing unexpectedly just before this happened?

Jack E/NJ

• Majekaz
    Options

I had windows update and during update blue screen of death come up. After blue screen "no bootable device" come up.

• Majekaz
    Options

I did find that windows update sometime push some settings for bios as well. So I think some sata controller update was pushing in and something went wrong.

• JackE
    Options

Sorry. That's not what I want to ask. I don't mean Blue Screens. What I want to ask is when the machine seemed to be working OK last year, did the machine unexpectedly shutdown or did it's screen freeze sometimes?

Jack E/NJ

• Majekaz
    Options

As far as I remember everything was fine.