acer vn7-571g bios can't find any ssd or hdd or dvdrom

Options

Answers

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,586 Trailblazer
    Options

No. You would use the bootable HDD that you originally booted from internally. If it was originally a bootable m.2 card, a cheap USB-to-m2 adapter is also available

Jack E/NJ

• Majekaz
    Majekaz Member Posts: 110 Die Hard WiFi Icon
    Options

You mean to use cmd via usb stick but but bios files in to hdd?

• JackE
    edited January 2023
    Options

No. The HDD plugs directly into the USB port with the adapter. There is no USB stick involved.

The idea is to try to boot from the HDD through the USB bus that's working instead of internally through the mainboard drive bus that isn't working.

Jack E/NJ

• Majekaz
    Options

I have fat32 external hdd. So exactly same process but instead usb i need to use hdd? Just to double check

• JackE
    Options

No. You remove the original internal bootable NTFS format HDD. Then you externally connect it directly to the USB port with the adapter. Then you try to boot from the NTFS format HDD.

Jack E/NJ

• Majekaz
    Options

And try to update bios in a simple way?

• JackE
    Options

Yes. To try to run the BIOS Windows EXE inside the normal Windows environment. I'm not sure if it will work. Some machines can boot Windows from an external bootable NTFS drive connected to the USB port. It is worth a try since your machine can't seem to see any bootable drives connected to the internal buss right now.

Jack E/NJ

• Commodore_1995#
    Options

Try changing sata mode to ide. Then activate the f12bootmenu and press f12 before the acer logo:

Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • Majekaz
    Options

Finally i installed bios 1.19. Dvd appears but no m. 2 and no 2.5mm

• JackE
    Options

How did you do it? By changing SATA to IDE? Please post phone photo if possible?

Jack E/NJ

• Majekaz
    Options

I made my bootable m.2 to external via usb adapter. As soon as I booted, I only got access to the windows repair and cmd. So did update via cmd but from m.2. So now I have 1.19 rev 5 but still not available to see any memory via sata.

• JackE
    Options

Did you try @egydiocoelho 's suggestion yet by changing SATA mode to IDE if the option is available? If it didn't work, try this next. With the bootable m.2 drive re-installed internally, try to run the 'repair my computer' option from the bootable Win10 installation stick. You may have to run the 'repair my computer' option 3 or 4 times because it often can only fix one issue at a time before moving on to fixing the next problem.

Jack E/NJ

• Majekaz
    Options

I tried but still same. Can't found internal memory

• JackE
    Options

>>>Can't found internal memory>>>

Is this the 'repair my computer' message?

Jack E/NJ

• Majekaz
    Options

No. Repair tried to do something but nothing happen.

• JackE
    Options

How many times have you run the 'repair my computer' option so far?

Jack E/NJ

• Majekaz
    Options

Maybe 4 times

• JackE
    Options

Did you look at the repair log each time to see what problems remain?

Jack E/NJ

• Majekaz
    Options

Its no logs, on acer logo shows attempting repair

• JackE
    Options

How long did you let it run?

Jack E/NJ