G3-572 Acer Predator Helios 300 keeps crashing whenever I'm playing games.

Options
12346»

Answers

• Unnecessery90
    Unnecessery90 Member Posts: 12

Tinkerer

Options
    JackE said:
    This crash happened on the Balanced power plan plugged in? Jack E/NJ
    Yes, on balanced power plan,and plugged in.
  • JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,486 Trailblazer
    Options
    OK. Now let's try the power saver plan plugged in. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• Unnecessery90

Tinkerer

Options
    made a few tests, in power saving mode, while plugged , the battery also awlays stays on 100% during games, the temps never exceede 65-70°C, i also palyed on this mode now for 1h, and its still running..
  • JackE
    Options
    Unnecessery90 Do the games seem to play OK? Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• Unnecessery90

Tinkerer

Options
    i played 2h, was all fine cause i played anyway on middle graphics all the time , even tho he could play on ultra settings since he shutts off on lowest graphics aswell. but anyways, after 2h and monitoring the temps. he shut off again, while im staying on 60-65°C all the tiem during the game session.. i think its a hardwarerelated problem, idk if its the ac dc or the contact to the battery or what causes that, when im plugged in..
  • JackE
    Options
    OK. Try these two things.
    (1) Open Device Manager. Click batteries folder. Uninstall Microsoft ACPI compliant control method. Exit Device Manager. Then...
    (2) Open Control Panel. Search power plan. Select 'choose what the power button do in the left panel'. Click change settings that are not now available. Scroll down the list and uncheck turn on fast startup to disable fast boot.

Then shutdown Windows to turn the machine completely off. Then turn it back on for a slow cold boot. If it fixes the shutdown  problem, I suggest leaving it in slow cold boot mode to avoid similar future problems.

Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• Unnecessery90

Tinkerer

Options
    Have done that now, will test it and report afterwards.
  • Red-Sand
    Red-Sand ACE Posts: 1,892 Pathfinder
    edited November 2018
    Options
    Error 41 could also mean a faulty GPU.

Are you able to see and update the Nvidia GPU on Geforce Experience?
    - Hotel Hero
  • Unnecessery90

Tinkerer

Options
    yes. also have all drivers updated all the time, still the same problem, after 20 different attempts to fix this. with charger he shuts off. even with undervolting, it plays crazy.
  • JackE
    Options
    Unnecessery90>>>Got it in the summer, june,>>>

I suggest not wasting any more time on trying to resolve this on the user forums. Arrange for an ACER warranty repair here ASAP https://www.acer.com/ac/de/AT/content/support  . Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ