G3-572 Acer Predator Helios 300 keeps crashing whenever I'm playing games.

Options

Answers

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,483 Trailblazer
    Options
    Click on system cooling policy. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• Daed
    Daed Member Posts: 28 Troubleshooter
    edited July 2018
    Options
    JackE said:
    Click on system cooling policy. Jack E/NJ

• JackE
    Options
    OK now the maximum processor state. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• Daed
    Options
    JackE said:
    OK now the maximum processor state. Jack E/NJ

• Red-Sand
    Red-Sand ACE Posts: 1,892 Pathfinder
    edited July 2018
    Options
    I'd like to make a suggestion.
    Two things.

First find your game's exe file for the games your having issues with.. then right click and go to properties > and disable "full screen optimizations".

Next set your game display settings (in game) to "fullscreen windowed mode".

Let me know results.
    - Hotel Hero
  • sri369
    sri369 ACE Posts: 2,623 Pathfinder
    Options
    @Daed

Any reason why your processor min state is set to 100%? This means your CPU is at 100% even on idle, and this isn't good for the longevity of the device.
    Karma...
    LIKE - if helpful
    ACCEPT - if helped resolve
    ---------
    Nitro 7 - AN715-51 - user benchmark: https://www.userbenchmark.com/UserRun/37631045
  • Daed
    Options
    sri369 said:
    @Daed

Any reason why your processor min state is set to 100%? This means your CPU is at 100% even on idle, and this isn't good for the longevity of the device.
    Nope but what should I set it to?
  • sri369
    Options
    Daed said:
    sri369 said:
    @Daed

Nope but what should I set it to?
    0%... minimum 0, maximum 100
    Karma...
    LIKE - if helpful
    ---------
    Nitro 7 - AN715-51 - user benchmark: https://www.userbenchmark.com/UserRun/37631045
  • JackE
    Options
    @Daed >>>what should I set it to? >>>

Try to experiment with it. That's the best way. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• Daed
    Options
    JackE said:
    @Daed >>>what should I set it to? >>>

Try to experiment with it. That's the best way. Jack E/NJ
    I don't see how it helps with the crashing while plugged in tho
  • JackE
    Options
    Experiment. Just one thing at a time to see how it goes. Don't try to make sense of it.  Or overthink what you're doing. Win10 in general is a test bed for the developers who often don't know what they're doing either. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• sri369
    Options
    @Daed
    To add to what @JackE said, disable all unnecessary windows services and test... enable them one by one. If any services break your system, you should be able to isolate this way.
    Karma...
    LIKE - if helpful
    ---------
  • Fede87
    Fede87 Member Posts: 5

Tinkerer

Options
    hello !! uo the same problem on my acer predator helios 300 !! the pc freez when it is attached to the charger !! have you solved? thanks
  • JackE
    Options
    @Fede87 Press and hold the power button for about 5 seconds till the machine completely shuts off. Then unplug charger. If a battery re-set pinhole is on the bottom of the laptop, gently press a paper clip into the hole for about 5-10 seconds. Then plug the charger in and turn the machine on. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• Raumaster
    Raumaster Member Posts: 14

Tinkerer

Options
    I have the exact same problem that is described. Also getting kernel power 41 error. First mine crashed with auto fans only but not wit max fans. Just yesterday it crashed with max fans also. Acer told me to update gtx drivers and it seemed to help for a while but now the problem is back harder than ever. Maybe it has something to do with that battery resetting thing???
  • JackE
    Options
    @Raumaster Does your machine shut off or stay on after it crashes? Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• Fede87
    Fede87 Member Posts: 5

Tinkerer

Options
    it has not worked yet crash of the video card with charge attached !! I tried to set also the maximum and the minimum consumption of the processor but it does not work 
  • Raumaster

Tinkerer

Options
    JackE said:
    @Raumaster Does your machine shut off or stay on after it crashes? Jack E/NJ
    It shuts down completely. It wont start right away. Maybe 5-10 times it tries to start but shuts down. Lights come up on keyboard but shuts down again.

• JackE
    Options
    @Raumaster  So does this mean the machine can not boot to Windows any more? Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• Raumaster

Tinkerer

Options
    Yes it boots....eventually, but not the first time i press the start button. The first 5-10  times i press start, the computer starts for 2-4 seconds and shuts down again. Eventually it starts normally. Really weird isnt't it......