Acer Aspire E15 keeps randomly shutting down even when I have a full battery charge

Options

Answers

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,549 Trailblazer
    Options
    @JohnAust --- Don't mess with it. Arrange for warranty service pronto!!! Click on the ACER service link on the bottom of this page to start the process. Have your machine's serial number id (SNID) ready. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• BrokenLaptop
    BrokenLaptop Member Posts: 6

Tinkerer

Options
    This started happening to me while I was running games, Acer had me open up a ticket and I've been trying to fix the issue for days but they said my warranty expired February 25th and they won't even let me contact customer support anymore and have a third party chat app directing me to this forum.

I am so fed up with Acer, I can't believe they sell a laptop that just shuts off. I think my issue might be temperature related and I bet it destroyed its own harddrive.
  • JackE
    Options
    If you suspect the shutdowns are due to overheating (instead of a safety switch that most users are finding), then I suggest that you first try to alternately vacuum the air intake ports then blow air through the exhaust ports a few times to remove dust bunny or other debris that might've accumulated around the cooling fan. Jack E/NJ 

Jack E/NJ

• BrokenLaptop

Tinkerer

Options
    ThanksJackE said:
    If you suspect the shutdowns are due to overheating (instead of a safety switch that most users are finding), then I suggest that you first try to alternately vacuum the air intake ports then blow air through the exhaust ports a few times to remove dust bunny or other debris that might've accumulated around the cooling fan. Jack E/NJ 
    Thanks, will look into this. I have been staying in someone's backyard in a yurt so the idea that dust would block it makes a lot of sense.
  • BrokenLaptop

Tinkerer

Options
    Honestly, I don't suspect this is the issue as there's hardly any dust coming out of the computer and the Nitro Black Edition laptop was supposed to be top of the line for gaming and dust reduction.
  • BrokenLaptop

Tinkerer

Options
    I notice that my programs are already running better after blowing through the computer and whatnot so I will definitely clean out the dirt when I get back. Thanks, Jacke.
  • Manny-Acer_Retired
    Manny-Acer_Retired Newbie Posts: 4,453 Guru
    Options

Hi JohnAust,

I am sorry to hear you are having issues, I can recommend to contact your local Acer support center for better assistance and they can set it up for repair if need it, click on following link  https://www.acer.com/worldwide/ and select the country you are in and click on the support tab, on the left hand side you will find and option “contact support” .

Thanks,

Acer-Manny

• rainalbert
    rainalbert Member Posts: 1 New User
    Options
    I have the same issue, but when I change my hard drive with ssd it resolve my problem.
  • jalalnasser
    jalalnasser Member Posts: 4 New User
    Options
    hi,

i wan't to let you know that i have solved my problem with my laptop Nitro 5 new laptop, i have used the screwdriver and the tight screws for the battery, i didn't expect that with new laptop, because i sow that when the laptop on plan table without any move it work continue on battery, so i figured that the problem it could be a screws.  

my advice to you try to tight the screws even if it new laptop.
  • JackE
    Options
    Thanks you for posting your solution @jalalnasser   !!! Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• Anahit
    Anahit Member Posts: 4 New User
    Options
    I have the same problem with laptop Aspire E15. It is shutting down unexpectedly and the problem is not the battery nor the temperature.
    I bought it in October 2017. So did someone get a help on this?
  • JackE
    Options
    @Anahit   Please refer to this thread involving a motherboard safety switch that is being activated by putting pressure on the keyboard or other parts of the case.  Some people have found simple fixes for these shutdown problems with tape and spacers. This may be related to your issue. Jack E/NJ
    https://community.acer.com/en/discussion/464023/acer-aspire-e15-keeps-randomly-shutting-down-even-when-i-have-a-full-battery-charge/p1

Jack E/NJ

• jainamitmanit
    jainamitmanit Member Posts: 1 New User
    Options
    Even I am facing the same issue with my Acer Aspire E 15 series laptop. Even when my battery is fully charged, my laptop shuts down, and I am sure this is not due to temperature issues. Please help me if you have found any solution for this by now.
  • JackE
    Options
    @jainamitmanit   In most cases this is not a software or heating issue. It is a safety switch issue on the main board. Some people have described fixes for the E15 in this thread. Jack E.NJ
    https://community.acer.com/en/discussion/464023/acer-aspire-e15-keeps-randomly-shutting-down-even-when-i-have-a-full-battery-charge/p1

Jack E/NJ

• forlowthe3rd
    forlowthe3rd Member Posts: 1 New User
    Options
    I have a 3 week old ES 15. Full battery or charging makes no difference. reboots continuously leave the room its closed down. Browsing internet or my own files screen goes black. sometimes got to force restart. I'm taking mine back to the shop and they can send it back to Acer under warranty. Very poor for a brand new machine.

• JackE
    Options
    @forlowthe3rd    If it was my machine only 3 weeks old, then I'd ask the vendor for a refund and get something else. ACER warranty service takes a lot longer. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• vsa
    vsa Member Posts: 1 New User
    edited March 2018
    Options
    I know this is an old question but I thought this might help for those you guys having experiencing shutdown issue. What I did from the control panel I searched the word "Power Options" then I click the "Change battery settings"  and then choose and click either of the two link on the left side - "Choose when to turn off the display" or "Change when the computer sleeps"  after that click the "Change advanced power settings" ( located at the bottom left) - you will be directed to Advance Settings dialogue box.

On the advance power settings, collapse the "Hard disk" then collapse the "Turn off hard disk after", set the On battery  and Plugged in to "Never"

Hope this helps.

• JackE
    Options
    @vsa   Thanks for reporting your way of resolving this issue. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• Abex
    Abex Member Posts: 1 New User
    Options
    I have an Acer Aspire 5 and have had this problem for atleast the last three days....the laptop shuts off without warning.
  • JackE
    Options
    @Abex So have you tried any of the previously-suggested solutions in this thread? Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

This discussion has been closed.