How do I change the graphics processor preferences using the NVIDIA control panel?
NVIDIA Optimus technology allows your computer to automatically switch between the integrated graphics processing unit (GPU) and the NVIDIA GPU. You can manually adjust these settings to change which GPU is used.
Use the following steps to adjust graphics processor preferences.
- Right click on the desktop and select NVIDIA control panel.
- Select Manage 3D settings.
- Click Global Settings. Note: To change settings for an individual program, select Program Settings instead of Global Settings.
- Select your preferred graphics processor. Auto-Select – Provides a balance between performance and power savings. High-performance NVIDIA processor – Provides optimal performance. Integrated graphics – Provides optimal power savings.
- Under Settings, you can adjust the settings for each feature to meet your needs.
- Click Apply to save your changes.