How do I setup the wireless mouse and keyboard that came with my computer?
Some Acer systems include a wireless mouse and keyboard to allow you to have a cable free desktop setup. The process can vary by model, so it is recommended to consult your user guide for specific instructions for connecting your mouse and keyboard. The general procedure for connecting a wireless keyboard and mouse is listed below.
1. Install the batteries in your wireless keyboard and mouse.
2. Locate the wireless USB dongle and connect it to your computer. The Dongle will be located in one of the following 3 locations.
- Installed in a USB port on your computer: Some newer models ship with the USB receiver already installed in a USB port on the computer.
- Mouse battery compartment: Remove the battery cover door and look inside the battery compartment and on the battery cover door to locate the USB dongle.
- Below the top mouse cover: Remove the cover for the top of the mouse (if removable) and check for the USB dongle
3. Turn on your mouse and keyboard and they should automatically connect. If they do not, check the batteries and restart your computer to see if it will connect.