How do I remove my BIOS password?
When it is required, if you know your BIOS password it can be removed by following the steps below.
Removing a BIOS password:
- Power on the system. As soon as the first logo screen appears, immediately press the F2 key, or the DEL key if you have a desktop, to enter the BIOS.
- Use the arrow keys to navigate to Security or BIOS Security Features.
- Highlight Set Supervisor Password or Change Supervisor Password and press the ENTER key.
- You will be prompted to enter your current password. After you will be prompted to enter a new password, and a second time to verify it. To remove the password, leave these two fields blank and press Enter.
- Press ENTER to confirm password creation.
- A message will appear stating Changes have been saved. Press ENTER to continue.
- Press the F10 key to save changes and restart the system.
Acer is not responsible for lost or forgotten personal passwords. When sending in a system for service, the password should be removed, as charges may be required for Acer to remove HDD passwords.