How do I remove my BIOS password?
When it is required, if you know your BIOS password it can be removed by following the steps below. If you forget your BIOS password, the only way to remove it is to send the computer to a service center to have the forgotten password removed.
How to remove a BIOS password
- Power on the system. As soon as the first logo screen appears, immediately press the F2 key, or the DEL key if you have a desktop, to enter the BIOS.
- Use the arrow keys to navigate to Security or BIOS Security Features.
- Highlight Set Supervisor Password or Change Supervisor Password and press the ENTER key.
- You will be prompted to enter your current password. After you will be prompted to enter a new password, and a second time to verify it. To remove the password, leave these two fields blank and press Enter.
- Press ENTER to confirm password creation.
- A message will appear stating Changes have been saved. Press ENTER to continue.
- Press the F10 key to save changes and restart the system.
Note: Acer is not responsible for lost or forgotten personal passwords. When sending in a system for service, the password should be removed, as charges may be required for Acer to remove HDD passwords.