My touchpad does not respond when I tap it. How can I fix this?
The tap-to-click function allows you to tap your Synaptics touchpad as a click, instead of pressing the touchpad buttons. If your Synaptics touchpad works, but the tapping feature does not respond, you need to enable the function.
Enabling the Tap to Click option for Synaptics touchpads:
- Click Start and then Control Panel.
- Select Classic View from the left side of the window.
- Double-click the Mouse icon and, then, select the Device settings tab.
- Click the Settings button and, then, Tapping .
- Select the Enable tapping check box and click OK .
In case you wish to disable the function, clear the Enable tapping check box.