The Nitro V 15 series includes two m.2 slots that allow you to upgrade your Solid State Drive (SSD) storage. You can add an additional SSD if you have an open slot, or you can upgrade the existing SSD drives if both slots are already populated. Use the instructions and reference information below for upgrading your device storage.
How to Install an m.2 solid state drive in the ANV15-51
- Remove the AC adapter and power the computer completely off by holding the power key for 5 seconds.
- Remove the 11 screws from the lower case.
- Starting at one of the corners, use your fingers or a plastic pry tool to carefully release the plastic clips.
- Work your way around the edges carefully pulling up to release all of the clips.
- Disconnect the battery from the mainboard, but do not remove the battery.
- Identify the proper slot to install the SSD drive in. The slot directly next to the battery labeled 1 supports PCIe Gen 4. The slot labeled with the number 2 only supports PCIe Gen 3.
- Remove the screw securing the SSD and remove the drive from the system.
- If the original SSD has mylar shielding around it, we recommend removing it from the old SSD and transferring it to the new one. Make sure to align it with the notches in the mylar as shown below , then wrap the mylar around the SSD and press down secure the adhesive on the mylar.
- Install the new SSD at a slight angle as shown in the image below and gently push down and secure it with the screw.
- Reconnect the battery to the mainboard.
- Place the lower case on the system and make sure it is properly aligned before you press down around the edges to secure all of the plastic clips. You should be able to hear them pop into place.
- Reinstall the screws to secure the lower case.