How can I fix my Predator Ctrl key typing incorrect letters?
On some Canadian PH315-55 and PH317-56 notebooks, the right control key (shown below) does not input the correct characters. You can download and install a keycode replace utility to resolve this issue.
You should check the serial number printed on the label on the bottom of your computer to see if your system is impacted. The affected serial numbers start with following 5 numeric sequences:
If the first 10 digits of your serial number do not match the 5 listed above, then the notebook is not impacted and there is no need to run the keycode replace utility.
If your serial number is impacted, you should use the instructions below to resolve this issue.
- Go to https://www.acer.com/ca-en/support/drivers-and-manuals.
- Enter your Serial Number or SNID.
- Select BIOS/Firmware to see a list of downloads.
- Download the R_Ctrl and symbol key application.
- Extract the files and run the application ACM21H8_R_CtrltoSymbol.exe.
- Click on the Keycode button.
- When you see the message "Keycode replacement has completed", click on the close button.
- Restart your computer.