How do I replace or upgrade the Solid State Drive on my Acer Aspire Vero?
The Acer Aspire Vero is designed to allow you to easily access the m.2 solid state drive to upgrade or replace it. You will need to use a m.2 PCIe SSD for replacement for the upgrade. The system will not recognize an NVME drive. Follow the instructions below to replace or upgrade your SSD.
- Use a small Phillips screwdriver to remove the screws on the lower case.
- Use a plastic pry tool or your fingers to remove the lower case.
- Disconnect the battery and remove it from the system.
- Remove the screw for the m.2 drive and remove it from the system. The drive should pop up at an angle after the screw is removed.
- Align the replacement m.2 drive and install it at an angle.
- Gently push down on the drive and reinstall the screw to secure it in place.
- Reinstall the battery and connect it to the mainboard.
- Reinstall the lower case and push down along the edges to snap it in place.
- Reinstall the screws to secure the lower case.