The Acer Predator X35 may occasionally flicker or show vertical lines while displaying graphics from certain games. The issue is caused by LCD panel sensitivity to certain color patterns. Acer Predator X35 monitors with serial numbers where the 11th-13th characters are <950 can apply the attached firmware update to resolve this issue. <br/>
This update requires a GTX 1050 or higher GPU. Use the instructions below to download and update the Predator X35 firmware.
- Connect your X35 monitor to a computer via DisplayPort.
- Go to Control Panel > Power Options > Change plan settings and change “turn off display” and “put computer to sleep” settings to Never.
Note: On Notebook computers, you will also need to change the “When I close the lid” setting to Do Nothing, then save the changes and restart your computer.
- Download the file acer_x35_p2-updater.exe.
- Right-click on the file acer_x35_p2-updater.exe, then select Run as Administrator.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to update the firmware. You may see static or an abnormal image on your display during the update process.