How do I setup my G-SYNC compatible Acer display?
Some Acer FreeSync monitors have been qualified by NVIDIA to be G-SYNC compatible. This means NVIDIA has tested the monitor and offers drivers to allow you to enable G-SYNC compatibility. You can find a list of G-SYNC compatible monitors at https://www.nvidia.com/en-us/geforce/products/g-sync-monitors/specs/.
To enable G-SYNC compatible mode, you will need:
- A FreeSync capable monitor that supports G-SYNC Compatibility.
- An NVIDIA graphics card (GTX or RTX).
- A DisplayPort cable connecting the monitor to the video card.
- NVIDIA driver version 417.71 or later.
Configuring the G-SYNC Compatibility feature:
- Install the latest NVIDIA GPU driver.
- Press the Menu button on your monitor and enable FreeSync.
- Right-click on the desktop on your computer, and select NVIDIA Control Panel.
- In the Display menu, select Set up G-SYNC.
- Select your monitor and click the check box labeled Enable G-SYNC, G-SYNC Compatible and choose your option for windowed or full screen mode.
- Click Apply to save your changes.