With Acer SpatialLabs™ View displays, you can use the SpatialLabs Go software to transform many types of 2D content into stereo 3D. Online content such as YouTube, casual web games, and Android on Windows Apps, as well as everyday tasks like browsing photos or video calls can all be elevated to a more sense-enchanting stereo 3D.
If you experience issues with rendering in SpatialLabs Go, you should download and install the latest SpatialLabs Experience Center software, as well as the newest Intel Display driver for your model. Use the instructions below to locate and download the SpatialLabs software and Intel display driver for your system.
How to download the SpatialLabs Experience Center software
- Visit the Acer Support Website.
- Enter your serial number or model number in the search box and select your model.
- Click on the Applications tab.
- Click the Download link for the SpatialLabs Experience Center software.
How to update the latest Intel Display driver
You can download and install the latest display driver using the Intel driver support assistant.
- Visit https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/intel-driver-support-assistant.html.
- The site will scan your system and will allow you to download the latest Intel Display driver if the Intel driver support assistant is compatible with your system.
Note: The Intel driver support assistant may not work on all computers. If there is no Intel DISPLAY ADAPTER device listed in the Device Manager, then an error will occur when running the application. If you experience this error, then no update is required on the computer.