What is the best way to remove dirt and/or dust from my Acer Reflection-free/Anti-glare monitor?
Acer carries several so-called reflection-free or anti-glare monitors, such as the Predator XB323K RV and Nitro XV272U RV gaming monitors. These monitors have an ART display panel. ART stands for Advanced Reflectionless Technology, a specialized technology designed to reduce or eliminate unwanted reflections and glare.
The unique surface structure design of ART monitors changes the direction of reflective light, and the extremely-low-reflective coating makes the scattered light almost imperceptible to the human eyes, effectively reducing the direct glare interference caused by external ambient light sources and illuminating lamps.
Over time, your monitor collects dust and dirt and you might want to clean it. To maintain the integrity of the Advanced Reflectionless Technology film of your monitor, make sure to adhere to the following guidelines for safe and optimal cleaning of your display panel.
How to clean an ART display panel
- Make sure to unplug your display before cleaning.
- Carefully pat dry the affected area using a 3M microfiber cloth.
- Subsequently, use a 3M lint roller to effectively clean the surface.
Note: Do NOT apply any type of solution, including substances like water or alcohol, directly onto the surface of the display panel. If a solution accidentally gets on the screen, gently blot it dry and then clean the screen with a microfiber cloth. For instructions, see below.
How to use a microfiber cloth to clean an ART display panel
- Get yourself a 3M microfiber cloth. 3M should be on the packaging.
- Ensure that the microfiber cloth is free of dirt.
- Use the microfiber cloth to gently wipe the soiled area in a singular direction until all traces of dirt and dust are eliminated.
- If you could not get rid of all the dirt or dust, switch to a clean section of the microfiber cloth and continue cleaning.
- After the cleaning process, wash the microfiber cloth with detergent and allow it to dry thoroughly.
- Store the microfiber cloth in its original packaging to prevent dust accumulation.
How to use a lint roller to clean an ART display panel
- Get yourself a 3M lint roller. 3M should be on the packaging.
- Remove the protective cover from the surface of the lint roller.
- Roll the lint roller over the soiled area in a single direction until all dirt and dust is completely lifted.
- Should any residue remain, carefully remove the used adhesive tape from the lint roller to expose fresh adhesive tape, and then repeat step 3.
- Once the cleaning is done, store the lint roller back in its original packaging to prevent dust accumulation.
Note: To prevent the edge of the lint roller from scratching the film surface of the monitor, put a new adhesive tape roll on the lint roller before the adhesive tape’s thickness becomes thinner than the lint roller’s edge.