How do I fix the Steam VR error "Headset Plugged Into Wrong Video Card"?
Some applications like Steam VR Chat or Steam VR Slots may give an error message when launched on systems with AMD video cards. Use the steps below to adjust the AMD Radeon settings to resolve this issue.
- Disconnect the VR headset from your computer.
- Launch the Steam VR application that is giving the error (i.e. VRChat).
- Right-click on your Windows Desktop and select AMD Radeon Settings.
- Select Switchable Graphics.
- Select the application (VRChat.exe) in Current Application list.
- Select the High Performance setting.
- Connect your VR headset and launch the Steam VR application you want to use.