How do I restore my computer using the Operating System (OS) Recovery and Restore USB Key?
The Operating System (OS) recovery and restore USB key allows you to recover your operating system or restore your computer to the original state it was in when you purchased your computer.
To restore your computer using the OS Recovery and Restore USB Key, please follow the steps below:
- Power your computer off.
- Connect the OS recovery and restore USB key to a USB connector on your computer.
- Power your computer on and press the F2 key when the splash screen first appears.
- From the BIOS, use your arrow keys to move and highlight the Boot menu.
- In the Boot list make sure that the first device is the USB HDD followed by a model name.
- Use the arrow keys to highlight your USB HDD and press F6 to move it to the top of the list.
- Use the arrow keys to highlight Exit menu at the top of your screen.
- Press ENTER on the Exit Saving Changes option and Enter again to confirm changes.
- Select USB HDD from the Boot Option menu and press the Enter key.
- Follow the instructions on your screen.