How do I download and install drivers for my computer?
When downloading or updating drivers, it is important to choose the correct driver that will work properly for the specific device in your computer. On the Drivers and Downloads area of our support web site, there may be several drivers listed for the same device. Often, a particular device is made by several vendors; each requiring a specific driver made by that vendor. The following steps will show you how to choose the correct drivers for your computer.
- Windows Key + Pause/Break.
- Left click on Device Manager.
In the Device Manager window, locate the device for which you require the driver (in this example, a wireless network adapter). The vendor name will normally appear with the device installed. If the device for which you require a driver is not named, you can download our Hardware Vendor Detection Utility. This application will help you to identify the hardware in your computer.
Follow the instructions below to find the appropriate driver.
- In your Internet browser, navigate to our Acer Drivers and Manuals page.
- Search for your system using the Serial Number, Product Model or the product list.
- Scroll down to view the Drivers tab.
- Select your Operating System.
- Locate the driver and click on the download link. When prompted, click the Save button and choose the location where to save the file.
- After the download is complete, click Open to view the files.
- From the new window, locate and double-click the Setup application to start the installation of your driver.
- Click Yes to allow the program to make changes to your computer.
- Follow the instructions provided by the setup application.