How do I setup Tobiii eye tracking?
Tobii eye tracking technology allows your computer or monitor to know where your eyes are focused and react accordingly. This allows you to control cursor movements on the desktop and character
movements in games with just a glance.
Illumination and Sensor bar
The eye tracker uses near-IR illumination and cameras to determine where your eyes are focused. You can see an example of the sensor bar in the image below.
Setting up Tobii eye tracking
- If using a monitor with Tobii eye tracking, make sure you have the USB cable connected from the monitor to the computer.
- Click the Start menu and select Tobii EyeX Interaction > Tobii EyeTracking. If you do not have the Tobii software installed, you can download it at https://tobiigaming.com/getstarted/.
- Sit comfortably and naturally, as you intend to use your computer and follow the instructions on the screen.
- Name your profile. The name of the current profile will be shown in the Notification area menu.
- You may need to set up multiple profiles if you wear glasses or contacts. You may need to setup one profile with glasses or contacts, and one profile without.
Additional Settings (vary by model)
Select the Tobii icon in the Notification area to access additional settings menu shown below.
Games and Experiences
- Tobii Eye Tracking Intro - Find out more information about eye tracking extensions.
- Infinite Screen Extension - Download and activate infinite screen options for many games.
Gaze and Trace
- Security - Use eye tracking to lock your Windows if you are not in front of your
- Touchpad - Touch at gaze and Scroll and zoom at gaze. Tap to instantly click,scroll and zoom without dragging the pointer around the screen.
- Mouse - Avoid larger hand movements by ’warping’ the pointer to wherever you look. Use the settings to define which key will warp the pointer.
- Windows - Use eye tracking to control the Application switcher, Task view and Windows snap assist.
- About - Check for updates and get help with a troubleshooter.
- Gaze and Trace - A circle highlights the gaze point while you use your computer, and allows you to check your profile's calibration or show where you are looking in demos and videos.
Select the eye tracking area at the bottom of the options to open User Profiles. You may add profiles for different users, and delete or recalibrate existing profiles
For additional information on Tobii eye tracking, please visit https://help.tobii.com/hc/en-us/categories/115000471145-Acer