Acer Aspire A515-51G-53JT keyboard problem

Comments

• Israel_7
    Israel_7 Member Posts: 1 New User
    I uninstall the keyboard driver completely and rebooted the laptop. Seems it has fixed it for me!
  • Alannglopez
    Alannglopez Member Posts: 24 Networker
    I didn't want to send this possible solution that I found without trying it before, what I did was place the cable that connects the keyboard to the motherboard in the way in the photo, also clean all the plastic that is between the keyboard and the motherboard and already has a week working perfectly ... continue reporting,
  • Thanks for sharing this information @Alannglopez!
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • Drewdle
    Drewdle Member Posts: 2 New User
    Sorry to pile on, but I'm seeing this problem with a similar set of keys functioning intermittently on my aspire that's a year and a couple months old and just out of warranty. I've ordered the backlit keyboard before I knew the original was riveted in place, so I guess I'll be playing around breaking rivets and then heatstaking the new part in place. Anything I should know before removing everything from the top-shell to get at the keyboard?
  • Ideally, you create a new topic @Drewdle by clicking on "Ask a Question" because that way, your question will be visible to other users!
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • Drewdle
    Drewdle Member Posts: 2 New User
    A new keyboard appears to have fixed the issue, I cut a bunch of rivets and then used a hot glue gun more than I care to admit, and now I have 1,3,t,u,p and the right arrow key so that's kinda cool.

I think it's a bad row on the original keyboard, this part isn't especially maintainable IMHO.
  • @DrewdleGlad you could solve your problem!

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• Skyrunner360
    Skyrunner360 Member Posts: 4 New User
    i also have the same problem and got the keyboard replaced 3 times under warranty period but still issue not resolved. posted on these forums and a guy replied back, says u need to clean up the dust from the keyboard port.
    here is the link to my post-

I'm gonna try this even when its in warranty (Coz i'm fed up with their crappy support!!) when i get home.
    Meanwhile can someone try this and tell me if this works or not?

• ROG2000
    ROG2000 Member Posts: 1 New User
    I have the same laptop(Acer Aspire 5 A515-51G-54AW), in warranty period my laptop's keybord got changed 2 times but the same problem ("1","3","p","q","t","-","/","j","right arror","3(num)","5(num)" keys sometimes work and sometimes dont) persisted.
  • arrow026
    arrow026 Member Posts: 1 New User
    edited May 2019
    I was facing the same issue. I complained in acer support and they replaced the keyboard. It has been 2-3 days since then and the keyboard worked perfectly fine but today i noticed that the problem was back for a few minutes and also my laptop's battery was low. But as soon as i plugged in the charger all the keys started to work perfectly again.
    Can you guys please check and tell if the problem still remains after plugging in or at full battery ??
  • @ arrow026 Ideally you create a new topic by clicking Ask a question!

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• Alannglopez
    im still facing the same problem! someone has tried and succeeded in replacing a keyboard or other successful solution
    Topo Member Posts: 1 New User
    I'm also having same problem. A515-51G-53VC
    Acer is not taking any responsibility about the problem?
    This is pure manufacturing error...
  • bigdog4all
    bigdog4all Member Posts: 7

Tinkerer

I called the Acer Support and because it was not under warranty, they said it would be $139.00 to resolved.  They said, it was a software keyboard configuration problem.  I have had PCs and Laptops for over 30 years.....I have NEVER heard of such.....software keyboard problem.  This is my last Acer product ever.  This is ridiculous.  The real problem, I know several people with this same keyboard problem.  So much for Acer.
  • Rutvik12
    Rutvik12 Member Posts: 1 New User
    Hi, I am using Acer Aspire 515G Laptop since 1 year and in this 1 year i got issue on keyboard for 3 times. 2 times i got replaced because it was in warranty and after replacing 2 times it again started giving me an issue. Some keys like u,t,j,p,5,3,1 are not working properly. I am exhausted with this keyboard issue. I am not able work on my laptop properly. Please replace this keyboard and solve the issue as soon as possible.
    Thanking you, 
    Rutvik Poojary.
  • Alannglopez
    update... full keyboard replacement...dond
  • Rahul_surana
    Rahul_surana Member Posts: 1 New User
    Experiencing the same issue here. Few keys like - 1 3 q t u j stop working suddenly. Though i got the laptop serviced once when it was in warranty period the problem still exists. A really bad acer service experience. They took almost 2 months to get the part (keyboard) and get it repaired. Really disappointed with acer and their services. Never going to buy acer laptops again.
  • Mariana20
    Mariana20 Member Posts: 11

Tinkerer

edited December 2019
    Hola, acabo de escribir sobre el mismo problema. 
    La verdad que es muy molesto y seria bueno si Acer se hiciera responsable al menos de dar las opciones que ellos consideran LAS SOLUCIONES asi no especulamos mas con el tema. 
    Me fallan las mismas teclas.. el cursor titila y deja de titilar... como si se quedara pensando o trancado... no lo se.
    He probado apagarla un rato, y el problema a veces vuelve.. y al rato se va... solo
    He probado enchufada y desenchufada... no se...

Hi, I just wrote about the same problem.
    The truth is that it is very annoying and it would be good if Acer were responsible at least for giving the options they consider THE SOLUTIONS so we do not speculate more on the subject.
    The same keys fail me ... the cursor flickers and stops blinking ... as if it were thinking or locked ... I don't know.
    I tried to turn it off for a while, and the problem sometimes comes back ... and after a while it leaves ...
    I've tried plugged in and unplugged ... I don't know ...

Edited the content by converting from Spanish to English
    Acer-Samuel
  • GAGANDEEP
    GAGANDEEP Member Posts: 1 New User

I noticed a strange problem with my Aspire A515-51G-53JT laptop which I bought almost a month ago. 

Some keys randomly stop working and it's always the same keys. So far I've discovered that the periodically shutting off keys include 1 3 - q t p ] j 3(num) 5(num) righ arrow

I have never dropped the laptop or poured any liquids on it, I got it new and unopened. It worked flawlessly prior to this problem.

I tried uninstalling the keyboard drivers and resetting the computer but the problem returned almost immediately. The keys stop working for a few seconds and then work again but it's very annoying. 

Any solution?

SAME PROBLEM YAAR.. I'M FRUSTRATED NOW.. FIRSTLY MY HARD DRIVE GONE BAD NOW THIS... VERY POOR HARDWARE QUALITY BY ACER.. ALSO MY LAPTOP IS UNDER WARRANTY NOW...
  • nikochiko
    nikochiko Member Posts: 2 New User
    2020 same problem.
    It's been over a year. I contacted the customer service once, and they replaced the keypad. Worked for few days but back to not working again. Then I created another request saying so and didn't even get a reply.
    Some Acer official, please respond.
    Also, on another, not going for acer again.
This discussion has been closed.