My Acer switch 3’s blue light indicates it’s on but screen is fully black

Answers

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,330 Trailblazer
    Try pressing the FN+F5 or FN+F6 toggle key combo to turn the screens on. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• voukalz
    voukalz Member Posts: 1 New User
    i have the same problem with my acer aspire 4738. the blue light is blinking but the screen is totally black. i cannot hear the unit working. with so many acer user going through the same issue, I think acer should have a definitive solution to this.

• JackE
    Remove battery. Remove charger. Press and hold power button for 30 seconds. The plug battery and charger back in. Wait till battery charge light turns blue before trying to turn it on again. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• RichieK
    RichieK Member Posts: 1 New User
    The battery pinhole trick worked for me, on my Spin, pffoo
  • gayathri124
    gayathri124 Member Posts: 1 New User
    same thing happened to me..itz only 1month i brought it...don't know what to do..i brought it from Dubai but i live in sri lanka...please help..
  • JackE

Remove charger. Then gently press a paperclip into the battery reset pinhole for 30 seconds. Then plug charger back in and try to turn the machine on again. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• FaronCounios
    FaronCounios Member Posts: 0 Newbie
    Sharanji said:
    User10000 
    First try a power reset and check if the issue is fixed.
    Please check for a battery reset PIN hole at the bottom of the device. The reset hole would have a battery symbol next to it. Insert a paperclip into the hole and press for four seconds. It simulates removing and reinstalling the battery. 

Post back the status for further assistance.

Hit 'Like' if you find the answer helpful!   
    Click on 'Yes' if the comment answers your question!
    I have done just that and now my Acer laptop has no light and won't turn on. I am wondering if I'm doing something wrong.
  • GoodOlCarl
    GoodOlCarl Member Posts: 1 New User
    My screen goes black with a brief warning flash "computer is locked", So far only happened when battery charger not plugged in. I can get it to restart by plugging in charger then hold power and volume-down together for about 15 seconds. Then it works ok for a while unplugged then suddenly black again. Not much use if it is going to do this regularly when I'm traveling. My model is Acer Switch 3 Model N17H1  Model number is almost unintelligible due to tiny writing. Mfg date seems to be 06/2017 making it just over 3 years old.  Never had problem before probably bad battery
  • JackE
    Go to the elevated command prompt.  Enter 'powercfg   /batteryreport'. Then return to the desktop. Open file explorer. Then search for' battery-report.html' in the c:\windows\system32\ sub-folder. Double-click to open it in the browser. Compare design capacity with full charge capacity. Post screenshot of beginning of report if possible. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• Imapt
    Imapt Member Posts: 3 New User
    edited October 2020
    I have an Acer nitro 5 AN515-42 from yesterday the backlight of the keyboard is suddenly stop glowing while charging but when I press any key it start glow but before when I was charging my laptop it normally glow until I will not turn off the charging. I don't know what's the problem but it is happening after my window update
  • JackE
    Remove charger. Then gently press a paperclip into the battery reset pinhole for 30 seconds. Then plug charger back in and try to turn the machine on again. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• PunkyMama
    PunkyMama Member Posts: 0 Newbie
    Sharanji said:
    User10000 
    First try a power reset and check if the issue is fixed.
    Please check for a battery reset PIN hole at the bottom of the device. The reset hole would have a battery symbol next to it. Insert a paperclip into the hole and press for four seconds. It simulates removing and reinstalling the battery. 

Post back the status for further assistance.

Hit 'Like' if you find the answer helpful!   
    Click on 'Yes' if the comment answers your question!
    Thankyou for answering this I finally got my laptop running again after 12 months of the blue screen of death lol then this happened and I didn't even know about the battery reset so thankyou very much my laptop is running again!!!!
  • Danzino1996
    Danzino1996 Member Posts: 1 New User
    I had this same issue just today blue light but my battery light was orange also, with no charger plugged in.

I tried the battery reset method. It has worked in removing both lights I have plugged my charger in and now no lights nor screen is happening at all I have left the charger in now 10 minutes and still nothing 
  • JackE

This thread is more than 4 years old. For better attention, please post your own new thread by clicking on the green ask a question button.

Jack E/NJ

• Stravel
    Stravel Member Posts: 3 New User
    I've had my Switch 3 for over 5 years with no problems. Then the other day I closed the keyboard without shutting down and left it for about 24 hrs. while plugged in to AC. I've done this a hundred times before with no problems but this time when I opened the kybd it didn't start up (screen totally black). I tried pressing the power key for about 7 seconds (which is how I usually start it after shutdown when the kybd is open) and nothing... no matter how I hold the power button (I've tried just one press, holding it for 7-10 secs, holding it for over 2 minutes, etc.) it won't start up. I don't have mem reboot pinhole on mine either. I plugged in to AC and the light was amber for a while, then went out (not blue, which I think means a full charge). Thanks.
  • Stravel
    edited June 2022
    Sorry, forgot the deets...

Switch 3 - SW312-31
    Part #: NT.LDRAA.007
    S/N: NTLDRAA007XXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

[Título editado para incluir modelo do produto]
  • Stravel
    BTW... These "all-in-one" models are part of the Aspire line, yes? I'm working from a new Spin 3 now and from the Acer web site it seems these are all offshoots of the Aspire line. Thanks.
  • JackE
    This thread is more than 4 years old. For better attention, please post your own new thread by clicking on the green ask a question button.

Jack E/NJ

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,454 Trailblazer
    edited June 2022
    @Stravel no, the Aspire line of laptops is different than the Switch line. As suggested above (actually more than once) you should start a new thread with your issue. Include the full model number (SW312-31-xxxx, the number should be on the same sticker as the SN), what you are seeing and what you have tried so far (hopefully you will already have tried anything already suggested here). We'll help take it from there...
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • JetJungle
    JetJungle Member Posts: 3 New User
    edited October 2022

I have a Acer TravelMate B311-31 (N20H1) that did not seem to power on as well. I plugged in a HDMI cable going to an external monitor, I then pressed FN+F6 and to my surprise it worked. The light on the lid is either red or blue when the chromebook is off. When it turned on, the light on the lid turned green.

I had tried so many things and was about to throw the chromebook away. I tried removing the battery and then turning on the chromebook, I tried pressing the battery reset button, I tried removing the small battery and the main battery and pressing the power button for 40 seconds to remove residual power. I eventually removed the motherboard, used a pure alcohol spray on the board and used a soft brush to clean every part of the board, front and back. I cleaned every connector the same way. Something worked, and I am really surprised to see it running. BTW, I recently had a similar problem with another Acer of the same model that did not want to power on, in that case I tried replacing the power supply circuit board and to my surprise it powered on after installing another power supply circuit board. I cant pin down the exact issue...bit of trial and error.

Once I was able to log on to the chromebook I made sure to install all updates.