RTX 2070

Answers

• ven98
    ven98 ACE Posts: 4,074 Pathfinder
    edited February 2019
    By looking at your pictures the new case is using USB 2.0, while the Acer motherboard uses 3.0.

Does the PC come with SSD at all? What are your PC's specs(RAM, storage, CPU, etc.)?
    Always post the following characterisitcs of the device:
    -Model number
    -Part number(not required, but helpful)
    -CPU
    -GPU
    -Operating system

Helios 300 and Nitro 5 users DO NOT update the BIOS to version 1.22 if you don't want the keyboard's backlight to turn off after 30 seconds even when the device is plugged in.

Hit 'Like' if you find the answer helpful!   
    Click on 'Yes' if the comment answers your question!

• ven98
    -Model number
    -CPU
    -GPU
    -Operating system

Helios 300 and Nitro 5 users DO NOT update the BIOS to version 1.22 if you don't want the keyboard's backlight to turn off after 30 seconds even when the device is plugged in.

• Saliwarrior
    Saliwarrior Member Posts: 94

Tinkerer

Acer aspire specs:

processor 7th gen itel core i5 7400 
    memory 8gb ddr4 
    Hard drive: 256 ssd 
    graphic card Nvida Geforce GTX 1050 2GB 
    Wlan 802.11ac wireless networking 
    802.11ac/b/g/n compatible & and Bluetooth. 

Regarding the SSD does it not come in a similar size as the hdd but a bit smaller? It should be visible, a tangible piece? I am not sure if it's hooked up somewhere in the front panel. I pulled out my odd it has 2 racks one is the optical drive the other is empty. Want me to post a pic of it? 

• ven98
    The SSD uses the M.2 port. It is located on the motherboard:

This is the picture you have taken.
    -Model number
    -CPU
    -GPU
    -Operating system

• Saliwarrior

Tinkerer

This is where the odd was located before I took It out. my only issue is why is there wiring going inside into the front panel. The usb 3.0. is in there too and I need to pluck the front panel. it seems very resistant to any pulling and there is no screws. Only thing is to break it open which I sort of don't want to. Is there any other way ti get out the wiring?
  • ven98
    edited February 2019 Answer ✓
    You don't need these cables. They are most likely for the front panel I/O of the case. The same goes for the other 2 black cables, you shouldn't remove these. Why do you need to remove these by the way?
    -Model number
    -CPU
    -GPU
    -Operating system

• Saliwarrior

Tinkerer

I need the usb cable which is stuck between metak holes. The blocked pin arrangement is different compared to the one in my new pc 
  • Saliwarrior

Tinkerer

the new usb cable has 5 pin holes on the top and five on the bottom, with the top right far pin blocked. The acer cable on the other hand has the same amount wiith the third pin hole blocked which reflects perfectly on the missing pin on the motherboard
  • ven98
    edited February 2019
    The cable isn't stuck. It is connected to the USB ports of the case. You can't use this cable, if you keep pulling it you will rip it apart.

Post a picture of how the USB 3.0 cable looks of your new case.
    -Model number
    -CPU
    -GPU
    -Operating system

• Saliwarrior

Tinkerer

This is the new one
  • ven98
    I thought you couldn't connect the USB 3.0 cable.

This cable you are showing is for USB 2.0. As I already mentioned the motherboard doesn't have a USB 2.0 header and even posted a link on what kind of usb 3.0 to usb 2.0 adapter you need. Check my previous post.
    -Model number
    -CPU
    -GPU
    -Operating system

• Saliwarrior

Tinkerer

Oops sorry I didn't see that
  • ven98
    edited February 2019
    By the way did you make sure that you had these installed before placing the motherboard?

Sometimes cases come with these already screwed in there, but in most cases they are in the box with screws that comes with the case. Without these lifting off the motherboard, it will touch the metal, which can potentially short out the motherboard.

This is what this screw looks like:

-Model number
    -CPU
    -GPU
    -Operating system

• Saliwarrior

Tinkerer

edited February 2019

Yes I have put them in and screwed the motherboard into the case.Thanks for info though.

Do I need to plug in  the usb cable in order to operate the computer. I don't want any unnecessary power surges because of not plugging in all components. I assume the motherboard feeds each component the amount of watts in needs irrespective to what cable is plugged in or not? . I got everything fixed in except the odd. I want to see whether the components are working and that I didn't fry anything as I was fixing them. I grounded myself by touching metal. I don't have anti static wrist-wrap. 

also on my pc there are several metal sliders for my gpu to slot into. The first one I screwed out but the rest don't have a screw. Am I supposed to snap it upon. There's like arrows pointing up so I assume I have to pull it in that direction.

• ven98
    Answer ✓
    You don't have to plug in the USB and ODD in order to operate the PC. 

About the metal sliders, I assume you are talking about the PCIe expansion slot brackets. You should snap them off, but only the ones you need. 
    -Model number
    -CPU
    -GPU
    -Operating system

• Saliwarrior

Tinkerer

There is a fan inside my case and the wire runs directly under it. I don't want to turn on the motherboard and burn the wire. The problem is that it's very difficult to move out. Should I keep it for tye motherboard test or move it
  • ven98
    What wire runs under it? I need a picture.
    -Model number
    -CPU
    -GPU
    -Operating system

• Saliwarrior

Tinkerer

I tried offsetting the wire.
  • ven98
    The wire is not going to be burned sitting there, as there are no hot componets in that place, but you can re-route the wire to go through a different place. I assume this is the cable for the exhaust fan at the back, so you can route it through the bottom, it depends on you.
    -Model number
    -CPU
    -GPU
    -Operating system

• Saliwarrior

Tinkerer

there's a 20 pin connector plus a 4 pin connector. The four pin is not seated fully so I assumed it was the reason to why the motherboard isi not powering on. The 20 pin has it's arrow going to one direction and the 4 pin has it's arrow going to the opposite. Should they be going at the same direction? Also it's very hard to take out and put in. Is that normal. I feel like am putting to much pressure