RTX 2070

12345679»

Answers

• Saliwarrior
    Saliwarrior Member Posts: 94

Tinkerer

ven98 said:

Compatibility Notes

• 'The motherboard M.2 slot #2 shares bandwidth with a SATA 6.0 Gb/s port. When the M.2 slot is populated, one SATA 6.0 Gb/s port is disabled.'
    Found this when I added an m.2 storage. 

This motherboard has 6 SATA ports. That means if you install an SSD on one of the M.2 ports, that means one of these 6 SATA ports will be disabled.
    Yes but is it a big issue? If one is disabled. I don't see myself needing another ssd
  • ven98
    ven98 ACE Posts: 4,074 Pathfinder
    Ok, sure I'll try that. But I forgot to mention in both cases. When I plugged in the PW and 24 pinonto mobo. I heard a faint tik without anything powering on. That's besides the clicking noise of the pc button. It came like 1 sec after
    Is it possible to record this clicking noise? It could be a safety feature.
    Always post the following characterisitcs of the device:
    -Model number
    -Part number(not required, but helpful)
    -CPU
    -GPU
    -Operating system

Helios 300 and Nitro 5 users DO NOT update the BIOS to version 1.22 if you don't want the keyboard's backlight to turn off after 30 seconds even when the device is plugged in.

Hit 'Like' if you find the answer helpful!   
    Click on 'Yes' if the comment answers your question!

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,311 Trailblazer
    One thing to note, I believe your Windows license is tied to the motherboard. That would mean it will not transfer to the new motherboard. :(
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • ven98
    billsey said:
    One thing to note, I believe your Windows license is tied to the motherboard. That would mean it will not transfer to the new motherboard. :(
    From I experience I once created a recovery media from an OEM windows laptop and installed on a new built PC and even after 3 months of use it still doesn't require a windows activation and windows is still shown as activated. Of course the laptop isn't in use anymore, so I suspect this could be the reason why windows is still active on the PC.
    -Model number
    -CPU
    -GPU
    -Operating system

Helios 300 and Nitro 5 users DO NOT update the BIOS to version 1.22 if you don't want the keyboard's backlight to turn off after 30 seconds even when the device is plugged in.

• Saliwarrior

Tinkerer

Well, hopefully I can convince my teacher to install windows for me, or ask him to let me do it for the purpose of preparing for the pc test. That way I don't have to buy one.

Thanks for post!
  • Saliwarrior

Tinkerer

what's better a corsair psu that is 650w and full modular or a corsair that is 750w but not full modular. Thinking of returning the one I bought for a better one.
  • ven98
    Totally depends on you. Both PSUs will be sufficient for this setup.
    -Model number
    -CPU
    -GPU
    -Operating system

• Saliwarrior

Tinkerer

I've completed the build 3 days ago and download windows. Everything is fine however, as shown by the image below. And above. In the bios I have my HDD and m.2 The m.2 is showing on 'my computer' but not the hdd. How do I enable it. The boot sequence is shown on the bios where the mouse is pointing. Also should I start a new thread?
  • ven98
    Nice build, but cable management is very bad, try routing the cables from the back.

That is very similar build to mine. I also have gigabyte mobo with the same cooler(ML360R).

The HDD should appear as unallocated space in disk management.

This is a picture of my build. This is how your cables should look like, kinda:

-Model number
    -CPU
    -GPU
    -Operating system

• Saliwarrior

Tinkerer

Ye I am not proud of my cable management, something to work on. But am quite lazy to do anything about at the moment. 

This is the current look. Was wondering if it's going to be super problematic.
    I tried rerouting from the back but the fans cables were to short. I think I might need to rotate the fans so that the wire is easily assessable from the back. 
    Anyways I kept mobo wrappers on the heat sink. Is that okay?
  • ven98
    Answer ✓
    That is fine, it is just that having cable spaghetti in the case blocks airflow and collects dust(despite the case having a dust filter, there will still be dust getting inside).
    -Model number
    -CPU
    -GPU
    -Operating system