RTX 2070

Answers

• ven98
    ven98 ACE Posts: 4,074 Pathfinder
    Answer ✓
    The motherboard is not using a standard ATX form factor, so you might need a case that supports extended ATX. Before that measure length and width of the motherboard and if the width is more than 244mm, then you need an E-ATX case.

As of whether buying a new case will make a difference, I don't know, as you have to find what is stopping the GPU from going all the way in. This case has a space for cable routing on the other side, so you won't have cables going all over the place.
    Always post the following characterisitcs of the device:
    -Model number
    -Part number(not required, but helpful)
    -CPU
    -GPU
    -Operating system

Helios 300 and Nitro 5 users DO NOT update the BIOS to version 1.22 if you don't want the keyboard's backlight to turn off after 30 seconds even when the device is plugged in.

Hit 'Like' if you find the answer helpful!   
    Click on 'Yes' if the comment answers your question!

• ven98
    Answer ✓
    I checked the measurements are 200*244mm, so it is a bit smaller than micro-ATX. It will fit in the case from the link you've given
    -Model number
    -CPU
    -GPU
    -Operating system

Helios 300 and Nitro 5 users DO NOT update the BIOS to version 1.22 if you don't want the keyboard's backlight to turn off after 30 seconds even when the device is plugged in.

• Saliwarrior
    Saliwarrior Member Posts: 94

Tinkerer

Hi how do I get rid of this part wire which is taped or stuck in metal. Also I removed all screws except the one on the cup fan. Do I remove that too? I got no thermal paste
  • ven98
    What are you trying to do here? I assume removing the motherboard?
    -Model number
    -CPU
    -GPU
    -Operating system

• Saliwarrior

Tinkerer

Yes but there is a wire wrapped around my PC it even goes to the outside and it's connected to a metal.
  • Saliwarrior

Tinkerer

Wire is wr the screw driver is
  • ven98
    Answer ✓
    I assume you talking about the black and white cables. These are for the antenna for the WIFI card they are connected to. You can disconnect them from the wifi card and the case and then connect them back after.
    -Model number
    -CPU
    -GPU
    -Operating system

• Saliwarrior

Tinkerer

Am having an issue  with the cpu cooler. The long screws are very difficult to take out. I think to remove the motherboard I need to loosen the heatsink. But the screws are tightly placed. I was wondering If I   should use an electric screw driver
  • ven98
    Answer ✓
    I wander how you always catch me when I am online  :o=)

The CPU cooler doesn't have to be removed in order to remove the motherboard(you can post a picture). Using power tools on delicate components is a big no no.
    -Model number
    -CPU
    -GPU
    -Operating system

• Saliwarrior

Tinkerer

Just where the screw is located I am planning on removing the metal casing. Next to it there is this weird soft mesh thing holding the wire. Am thinking of snapping that metal and separating the mesh quality from the wire? Does it serve a purpose and do I really need it
  • Saliwarrior

Tinkerer

The image won't post
  • ven98
    I am not sure what is the purpose of this metal part, but it could be for holding the side panel, so I don't advice removing it if you are planning to use the case in the future. 

I forgot to write that you really, really need a thermal paste on the CPU. The heat is not able to transfer from the CPU to the cooler without thermal paste.
    -Model number
    -CPU
    -GPU
    -Operating system

• Saliwarrior

Tinkerer

There's a 12 pin on the motherboard where the s few driver is pointing. I don't know what to plug it in with.  Plus the SATA cables look all the same. They are the large ones that plug into the ssd and odd I got none that plugs into the mobo
  • Saliwarrior

Tinkerer

the wires am grapping are all the same and fit  onto ssd or odd I think. Plus thrs like 3 ofthwm
  • Saliwarrior

Tinkerer

I there's no mobo sata?
  • ven98
    Answer ✓

These are all the connections on the motherboard and what they are for.
    -Model number
    -CPU
    -GPU
    -Operating system

• Saliwarrior

Tinkerer

Thank you very much that really helps. Where do I find my ssd in acer aspire I can't seem to find it, I pulled my optical drive but sad was nowhere to be found. Also how did you get this motherboard instruction sheet
  • ven98
    Do you mean the M.2 SSD or the HDD?

Also how did you get this motherboard instruction sheet
    It is one of the advantages being an ACE member. 
    -Model number
    -CPU
    -GPU
    -Operating system

• Saliwarrior

Tinkerer

I don't have hdd I got ssd. 256gb
  • Saliwarrior

Tinkerer

edited February 2019
    Am thinking there is wiring that i'll need such as the USB cable which has a different pin hole compared to the usb cable in my new case. So I need that to I also think my ssd is in the front panel. Can't seem to get that out without breaking it