I have a Nitro AN515-57 and I had a sudden decrease in fps in all my games

Options

Answers

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,561 Trailblazer
    Options

I would like to see another battery report for the past day.

Jack E/NJ

• HurtakK
    HurtakK Member Posts: 57 Troubleshooter
    Options

It's not that FPS start dropping, it's that they are highly downgraded from the start, in any game

• JackE
    Options

Also how many watts is your charger rated at? 135 watts? 180watts? 230watts?

Jack E/NJ

• JackE
    Options

»>I have this computer since december

Do you mean Decmeber 2021?

Jack E/NJ

• HurtakK
    Options
  • HurtakK
    edited March 2023
    Options

The first time this problem occured was at the time of my first post July 2022, and this was the second time 3 days ago

• JackE
    Options

What was factory installed Windows version? Win10 or Win11? What is Windows version now? Win10 or Win11?

Jack E/NJ

• HurtakK
    Options

Win 10 installed, still win 10 right now

• JackE
    Options

Click on battery charge icon in tray. Move slider all the way to the right for best performance.

Jack E/NJ

• HurtakK
    Options

I already tried before, did just now and it doesn't change anything

• JackE
    Options

»»this was the second time 3 days ago

Open Control Panel. Search 'restore point'. Click 'create a restore point' in the left pane. If System Protection is turned on in the box that pops up, click System Restore button. Click next. Do you see an automatic restore point with a date stamp about 3 days ago?

Jack E/NJ

• HurtakK
    Options

My slider is always in the middle btw, I don't really notice a difference between middle and best performance

• JackE
    Options

»»this was the second time 3 days ago

Open Control Panel. Search 'restore point'. Click 'create a restore point'
    in the left pane. If System Protection is turned on in the box that pops
    up, click System Restore button. Click next. Do you see an automatic
    restore point with a date stamp about 3 days ago?

Jack E/NJ

• HurtakK
    Options

I have one to 26 march, the thing is I already did this yesterday and it didn't fix my problem

• JackE
    Options

Did you check to see if the March 26 update or another update get re-installed after you rolled it back? Did you re-boot the computer immediately after rolling it back?

Jack E/NJ

• HurtakK
    Options

I don't think I did. I remember uninstalling and re-installing Geforce Experience because it was bugged after the restoration, but I don't remember rebooting my computer

• HurtakK
    Options

As of right I've just installed an older gpu driver and then done a clean install of the current latest that I had and all my games work with the fps they had before.

• HurtakK
    edited March 2023
    Options

I do have some concerns about the temperatures now, since with my normal framerates this is what nitro sense looks like regularly :

Removing the cooling platform seems to have lowered the gpu temperature, but cpu is still very hot even when at ~20% use ?

• JackE
    edited March 2023
    Options

Congratulations. That was related to my next question that somehow didn't get posted.as shown below. You should only use the ACER updated drivers from the ACER download page if something goes wrong. Do not use generic nvidia drivers from the nvidia download page since they are NOT specific to your proprietary Acer mainboard.

As for the temperatures, try raising the laptop about an inch above a hard surface to promote better airflow. Don't block the airvents even with a cooler. If temperatures don't decrease, it might be time to re-paste the heatsinks to the CPU and GPU. This is considered normal maintenance that should be done annually for heavily gamed machines as the thermal paste tends to dry out and become ineffective after a year or so.

I don't think I did. I remember uninstalling and re-installing Geforce Experience because it was bugged after the restoration

Where did you get the Geforce drivers?

Jack E/NJ