I have a Nitro AN515-57 and I had a sudden decrease in fps in all my games

Options

Answers

• HurtakK
    HurtakK Member Posts: 57 Troubleshooter
    Options

Battery led is always blue at 100% charge and orange when charging otherwise

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,561 Trailblazer
    Options

»»I never let my pc plugged in while turned off»»

Aye! Turn laptop off pluggedd in. How long does it take for battery charge LED to turn steady blue with laptop turned off and plugged in?

Jack E/NJ

• HurtakK
    Options

It took 10 minutes for the led to become blue, charge was at 95% when I turned off. There was also a system update but it did not prevent the pc from shuting off quickly

• JackE
    Options

It's going to be hard to troubleshoot this with updates coming in at the same time because updates can cause issues like this. When was the last time the system behaved normally in games? Yesterday? The day before? In the evening? What time?

Jack E/NJ

• HurtakK
    Options

So for the past days I tried launching games at severals times during the day. It never worked today since I woke up at 8 am, now it's 3pm. Yesterday it never worked too. On friday it didn't work in the morning and daytime, but it started working normally around 8pm I think, I can't really be precise since I don't try all day long. I think it was when I told you I did clean reinstall of the latest driver and it worked right after. I played for like 30 minutes then quitted the game. It didn't work anymore the next morning.

On thursday it didn't work from 8 am and I think it worked around 7 pm when I launched a game by chance. It worked well during 30 minutes too and then I quitted thinking this was over. Friday morning as I said it wasn't working normally.

It was on wednesday that my problem started. I must have played during the morning and day, I don't remember when. But it happened in the evening around 8 pm, when I launched a game and then suddenly 10 minutes in my game started having the framerate I have now. In the said game it was a change from 60-90 fps (90 fps cap applied by me) to less than 20 fps. When I quitted and tried re launching the same game, it had become permanent.

I then tried other games and there were all downgraded as they are right now.

• JackE
    Options

»»It was on wednesday that my problem started. I must have played during»»

Open Control Panel again. Search 'restore point'. Is System Protection still tunred on? If yes, click System Restore button. Click next. Do you see a restore point from last Tues or Wed March 28 or 29?

Jack E/NJ

• HurtakK
    edited April 2023
    Options

For precision the game i've been trying with the most these past days is Deep Rock Galactic, an fps

• HurtakK
    edited April 2023
    Options

It is also the game i was playing during 30 minutes in the 2 days the system was behaving normally somehow, as well as the game in which the problem started on wednesday

Although it wasn't the same game when I had this similar problem last year

• HurtakK
    Options

No, I have one for today 1pm, yesterday and friday

• JackE
    Options

Did the Friday update happen before or after you noticed it wasn't working again?

Jack E/NJ

• HurtakK
    edited April 2023
    Options

It wasn't an update , I installed "Killer Performance Driver Suite UWD". The thing with this program is that , I think it was on thursday, for some reason I was in the uninstall program tab in control panel, and I saw this program and had no clue what it was. Fearing it may have been a malware because of the "Killer" part, I uninstalled it. Then later I found out it was related to intel and I thought what if i reinstall it ? So I did, the restore point is at 7.24 pm.

I think I launched the game where everything worked fine a few minutes after but I'm not sure if there's a link because on the next day games weren't working again.

The saturday restore point is because I uninstalled it once again.

• JackE
    Options

»»I installed "Killer Performance Driver Suite UWD"»>

What download site did you use to get this?

Jack E/NJ

• JackE
    Options

You should be using the Acer OEM update Killer drivers from the Acer download page at this link. This is because the Intel drivers are generic and may not work properly with your proprietary Acer mainboard. Unless there's a very good reason for not doing so, you should try to stay with Acer OEM driver updates even if their release dates seem earlier than generic updates from Intel and nvidia..

Jack E/NJ

• HurtakK
    edited April 2023
    Options

All these drivers seem outdated though ? I tried with the VGA rtx 3060 driver 2 days ago and it's a driver from 2021, my framerate was even worse than right now with the bug.

• JackE
    Options

»»All these drivers seem outdated though ? I tried with the VGA rtx 3060
    driver 2 days ago and it's a driver from 2021, my framerate was even
    worse than right now with the bug.»>

Do not be fooled by generic driver dates that seem to be newer than the ACER OEM drivers meant for your proprietary mainboard. How many other device drivers have you updated that are NOT from the ACER OEM download page?

Jack E/NJ

• HurtakK
    Options

I dont know if I understand things right, but I've only updated the GPU, the GeForce Game Ready pilot on the GeForce Experience app. That's the only thing I've done myself

• Mikedos
    Mikedos Member Posts: 17 Troubleshooter
    Options

hello, I would like to join the discussion as I have a similar problem with my Nitro AN515-57 with NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060 , 11th Gen Intel Core i7-11800H and 16GB RAM. I also noticed a huge drop in performance. I did a benchmark test and here is the result, which is terrible.

• JackE
    Options

»»I dont know if I understand things right, but I've only updated the GPU,
    the GeForce Game Ready pilot on the GeForce Experience app. That's the
    only thing I've done myself»>

Are you sure? What about the generic Killer driver that you mentioned earlier? Are you now saying that Acer OEM Killer wifi update was deleted and somehow automatically replaced by the Intel generic Killer wifi update ?

Jack E/NJ

• JackE
    Options

Welcome @Mikedos Did you check for a restore point just in case an errant Windows update caused the problem? I suspect that's what's going on but unfortunaely the OP doesn't have a restore point with a date stamp about when the problem started.last Wed or Thurs. It may require a reset.

Jack E/NJ