sf314 41 fan constantly working

ASWIFT3USERFROMINDIA
ASWIFT3USERFROMINDIA Member Posts: 121 Skilled Fixer WiFi Icon
edited November 2023 in 2020 Archives
i've got an acer swift 3 sf314 41 model and its only been a month or two i had bought this thing.i am wondering why my cooling fan is constantly working even when the temperatures are really cool.

Best Answers

• brummyfan2
    brummyfan2 ACE Posts: 28,104 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓
    I think you have to send it for a service under warranty because it's a new laptop and it could be a hardware fault.
    Contact Acer | Quick Response for Tech and Customer Service
  • JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,478 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓
    Here you go. The USB port on the right side is a USBA2 port. Probably black. The other USBA3 ports on the left side are probably blue. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• JackE
    Answer ✓
    You can leave charger plugged in all the time if you want. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• JackE
    Answer ✓
    It's fine too. Won't drain the battery as long as you're plugged in. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• JackE
    Answer ✓
    It's a compressed zipfile. You have to unzip it by double clicking on it. Then run the setup.exe. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• JackE
    Answer ✓
    What pops up near the top of the Windows start menu when you simply search for  'audio'? Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• JackE
    Answer ✓
    Please show a screen or phone shot of your Windows start menu when you enter the word 'audio' in the Windows start menu search function. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• JackE
    Answer ✓
    Did you unzip the realtek archive and install it? Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• JackE
    Answer ✓
    Right clck the speaker icon. Start experimenting with the sound settings. There are many options. You can test and troubleshoot your microphones both internal and external. You can set them up the way you want. Don't be afraid to try sound software changes as they can always be reversed. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• JackE
    Answer ✓
    Yes, you mentioned that your boat headset wasn't working on your brother's machine now either. You laptop is fine. The budget wired headsets are not. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• JackE
    Answer ✓
    All the JBL models look more substantial than the Bassheads. If sound quality is important, the C200 would be my choice. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

Answers

• Hi,
    You could try a battery reset and see whether it fixes the problem, switch off the laptop, disconnect from mains, follow the instructions in the video, leave the laptop to rest for 15-20 Mins, reconnect the AC adapter and fully charge the battery before start using the laptop.
    Acer Internal Battery Reset (custhelp.com)
  • ASWIFT3USERFROMINDIA
    edited September 2020
    so,when you click the thing for 5 seconds is something meant to happen or will the laptop just sit there like nothing happened. huh?
    and one more thin.'
    I saw in a youtube video of a guy clicking the esc button on the lock screen and doing something to fix the problem.don't mind it if it's rubbish.but please clear my buobt.😁

• You don't need to press Esc button, when you press the reset button you will notice nothing, just follow the instructions in the video.
  • ASWIFT3USERFROMINDIA
    edited September 2020
    I tried doing this,but it's not working.what should i do now?

• brummyfan2
    brummyfan2 ACE Posts: 28,104 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓
    I think you have to send it for a service under warranty because it's a new laptop and it could be a hardware fault.
    Contact Acer | Quick Response for Tech and Customer Service
  • ASWIFT3USERFROMINDIA
    edited September 2020
    but could it be because of the windows 10 updated os.it's not loud i can barely hear it but it's working from the moment i start the laptop.
  • Can you inform the version of the bios?

Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • ASWIFT3USERFROMINDIA
    the version? I am sorry but i don"t know about that or how to find out.
  • ASWIFT3USERFROMINDIA
    well, when i asked my seller about this he said the fan is supposed to be like that on this model(sf314 41). Is that right?
  • Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • ASWIFT3USERFROMINDIA
    What do you exactly mean by RISKY.
  • ASWIFT3USERFROMINDIA
    Hi, I just wanted to know if it is supposed to be like this or not in this model.

• Can you check the bios version in the acer care center program?
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• ASWIFT3USERFROMINDIA
    The BIOS version is v1.04
  • JackE

You have the latest BIOS firmware. I think that you should follow @brummyfan2 advice and arrange for warranty repair service for uncontrolled fan. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• The same problem occurs when you turn off the computer, when you click save and shut down in bios?

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• ASWIFT3USERFROMINDIA
    yes it does

• ASWIFT3USERFROMINDIA
    So,it's not supposed to be like this, right.I better contact my seller, right.
  • No. The fans should be turned off as well.

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• ASWIFT3USERFROMINDIA
    It does turn off when i off the laptop, but it also starts as soon i on the laptop too,and it does not stop until the laptop is off