2020 Acer Predator Helios 300: Audio Issues PH315-53

Options

Answers

• TANTANTAN
    TANTANTAN Member Posts: 55 Enthusiast WiFi Icon
    Options
    @ZonDe19 what is the config of your laptop ? i7 10750 + rtx 2060 ? how did you deal with the buzz noise issue ?
  • ZonDe19
    ZonDe19 Member Posts: 15 Troubleshooter
    Options
    TANTANTAN said:
    @ZonDe19 what is the config of your laptop ? i7 10750 + rtx 2060 ? how did you deal with the buzz noise issue ?
    Yes it is the I7 10750H RTX 2060. I just let discord run in the background ( I made it so that the GPU runs discord) . basically what you said but instead of geforce experience, discord. PH315-53 thats the laptop

• ZonDe19
    Options
    TANTANTAN said:
    @predhelios @ZonDe19 @Neeraj101 Currently no fix on my side. The only solution is keep any application that run on nvidia gpu running on background.... The noise will gone whenever the nvidia gpu is active...
    If running the GPU fixes it, isnt there a option in the nvidia control panel to run everything using the RTX card, and that would mean u would hear the sound only when the laptop is at idle like no apps are running
    @TANTANTAN you might be onto something man
  • RV_Vanani
    RV_Vanani Member Posts: 1 New User
    Options
    taznkid said:
    Hello,

I recently purchased the above laptop. I am well satisfied in all aspects but one: when I connect a device to the audio jack, there is this constant high pitch whining sound. It is alright for a short moment after I plug in my headset, but after that the sound constantly persists. I am fairly certain it is a software issue (if I mute my laptop, the sound goes away, and though it is difficult to tell, I am fairly certain the intensity of the sound is influenced by the volume setting). I have checked that my drivers are up to date. Any fixes, or even a workaround solution, would be much appreciated.
    Has your problem solved??
    I have the same problem right now. I purchased the Acer Predator helios 300 recently. Please help me if you've the solution.
  • HaliqFikri
    HaliqFikri Member Posts: 1 New User
    Options
    taznkid said:
    Hello,

I recently purchased the above laptop. I am well satisfied in all aspects but one: when I connect a device to the audio jack, there is this constant high pitch whining sound. It is alright for a short moment after I plug in my headset, but after that the sound constantly persists. I am fairly certain it is a software issue (if I mute my laptop, the sound goes away, and though it is difficult to tell, I am fairly certain the intensity of the sound is influenced by the volume setting). I have checked that my drivers are up to date. Any fixes, or even a workaround solution, would be much appreciated.
    Hello fellow predator helios brothers, just wanna let you guys know that I myself experienced the same issue. I just bought this laptop four days ago (PH315-53-77CF, for those who want to know). The fix for the sound issues (no sound and high pitch sound) for both speaker and headphone are just by disabling the audio enhancement.
    Just go to control panel >sound>headphones>properties>advanced (for speaker) and control panel >sound>speakers>properties>advanced (for speaker)
    Hopefully this help and goodluck! Cheers!

• Neeraj101
    Neeraj101 Member Posts: 3 New User
    Options
    Not working for me.
    Disabling the audio enhancement had no effect the sound continued.
    @TANTANTAN Only his method is working in all the methods I have tried.
    Is there any way to contact @acer for a software update?
  • alisonbensam
    alisonbensam Member Posts: 1 New User
    Options
    taznkid said:
    Hello,

same bro.(ph315-53)....noise do not come when playing any game...like TANTANTAN said..nvidia apps ..and 
    please comment when anyone gets the fix..i tried all updates and bios update till v1.80..but no fix
  • predhelios
    predhelios Member Posts: 17 Troubleshooter
    Options
    @Miki33 from

> "I think that the "high pitch noise" is not there anymore. I don't know if it was "repaired" by some update of Win10, drivers, BIOS etc. But I do not hear it anymore"

• Akagami029
    Akagami029 Member Posts: 31 Die Hard WiFi Icon
    Options
    @predhelios
    Please share your windows and realtek driver version.
    Thanks in Advance.
  • Piglus
    Piglus Member Posts: 20 Troubleshooter
    Options
    I have the same problem, have had laptop for about 2 weeks (PH315-53-71QX). At first I thought it was just a bad headset and/or cables but trying a new set still produces the effect. I have tried disabling the audio enhancements for the headphones, speakers, and microphone to no avail.
    Realtek audio drivers are 6.0.9054.1

What I have noticed is the pitch is worse when switching to the microphone tab in sound settings as well as with the laptop unplugged (also tried disabling the mic because of it but no change). Having GeForce experience open does fix it but Acer Care Center also works so I'm using that instead.
  • ZonDe19
    Options
    Running the GPU seems to fix this problem for everyone, so I guess it's some kinda wiring problem. and if having the geforce expirience open doesnt fix it try doing this,

right click on your desktop then go into nvidia control panel, there go to manage 3D settings, and click program settings there and click add
    There select a application that you use something like discord or anything that's turned on in your laptop the whole time but doesn't use much resources and select use nvidia gpu and click apply, and finally keep that app active and the sound should go away

• predhelios
    Options
    @predhelios
    Please share your windows and realtek driver version.
    Thanks in Advance.
    @a@Akagami029 I'm in a windows 10 machine. Checked the issue with driver version 6.0.8928.1
    I do also know that I can upgrade to realtek driver version 9054 but for some reason when windows automatically did the update my inbuilt speakers as well as headphone jack stopped working. sigh.

Further. Seems like @pr@Prashant1972 solved the problem by "uninstalling nvidia hd audio and realtek audio console" in [this](https://community.acer.com/en/discussion/611080/acer-predator-2020-ph315-53-static-continuous-beep-sound#latest) thread.

What do you guys think?

• Akagami029
    Akagami029 Member Posts: 31 Die Hard WiFi Icon
    Options
    My problem is mostly fixed, or under control at least. Whenever it happens, I go to device manager, disable and enable the nvidia audio and the sound is gone. It stays like this until restarted, at which point I repeat this process.
  • Patato
    Patato Member Posts: 12

Tinkerer

Options
    I am still getting this audio issue along with the internal speakers sounding worse than a 2004 brick laptop. When I first bought this laptop in August, there were no audio issues whatsoever. It all went to hell when Windows decided to update itself to 20H2 and update the latest BIOS and Realtek drivers without my knowledge back in November. It's now 2021 and there's still no fix for this that I'm aware of and it definitely seems to be on the software side of things.
  • predhelios
    Options
    I'm unsure if this will help but @Acer-Tommy @Acer-Manny @Acer-Blayn @Acer-Cory @Acer-Mary, seems like loads are having these issues, even on newly purchased predator helios, of having a high pitched noise when plugging in some types of earphones. Currently the fix seems to be keeping the dedicated graphics card running using geforce experience or setting an app like discord to run over GPU. Further some people report "disabling and enabling nvidia audio" solves the issue... Could we get an official from the company to look into this? Minimum, its a software issue and at worst a hardware design flaw.
  • predhelios
    edited January 2021
    Options
    @Patato Plz read this thread. Your comment is relevant to [this](https://community.acer.com/en/discussion/627465/internal-speakers-are-turned-on-but-not-playing-sound-ph315-72xd#latest ) NOT to this thread.

Patato said:
    I am still getting this audio issue along with the internal speakers sounding worse than a 2004 brick laptop. When I first bought this laptop in August, there were no audio issues whatsoever. It all went to hell when Windows decided to update itself to 20H2 and update the latest BIOS and Realtek drivers without my knowledge back in November. It's now 2021 and there's still no fix for this that I'm aware of and it definitely seems to be on the software side of things.

• ZonDe19
    Options
    Further. Seems like @pr@Prashant1972 solved the problem by "uninstalling nvidia hd audio and realtek audio console" in [this](https://community.acer.com/en/discussion/611080/acer-predator-2020-ph315-53-static-continuous-beep-sound#latest) thread.

What do you guys think?

The Nvidia HD audio driver is for the HDMI port and Didnt affect this issue (I tried both the methods). When I uninstalled the audio console my headphones were not even recognized anymore.
  • Piglus
    Options
    Seems like @pr@Prashant1972 solved the problem by "uninstalling nvidia hd audio and realtek audio console" in [this](https://community.acer.com/en/discussion/611080/acer-predator-2020-ph315-53-static-continuous-beep-sound#latest) thread.

I did this and it it seems to have fixed the problem, at least it hasn't occurred again for the past few days. Windows kept reinstalling the nvidia hd audio driver so I had to disable it in device manager. The other nvidia one in there I didn't touch so it seems only the hd one is the culprit.

And I don't know if it was related but sometime after I noticed my licenses for the dts x were missing. If that also happens to you then there is another thread with steps to restore them.
  • ZonDe19
    Options
    Piglus said:

And I don't know if it was related but sometime after I noticed my licenses for the dts x were missing. If that also happens to you then there is another thread with steps to restore them.
    @Piglus Could you please share the link to this thread I am unable to find it.
    Thanks.

• Piglus
    Options
    ZonDe19 said:
    Piglus said:

@Piglus Could you please share the link to this thread I am unable to find it.
    Thanks.

https://community.acer.com/en/discussion/comment/969943/#Comment_969943