internal speakers are turned on but not playing sound ph315 72xd

Options
wugawu
wugawu Member Posts: 3 New User
edited December 2020 in Predator Laptops
Hello I'v owned this laptop for about 2 1/2 months now . The model # is - ph315 72xd
Currently I'm not having any audio come from my speakers except on startup. 
Things I have tried: 1.Deleting realtek from device manager
2.Unistalling and reinstalling using a realtek download. ( this usually brings audio back for a short time before either not recognizing the program or crashing which then requires a full restart and returns the issue of no sound)
3.crying 
4.praying. 
Headphones work fine. only thing are the speakers. 
I will be checking back on the forum about 3-4 times a day depending on activity. I really appreciate any help from the community
THANKS!

Answers

• Leostat
    Leostat ACE Posts: 3,043 Pathfinder
    edited December 2020
    Options
    Does windows 'think, it's outputing sound in the volume mixer? I'm wondering if it is using something like GPU out thinking hdmi or display port audio is connected

In the sound options what's the default device set to, what config (stereo,minio, surround) and does the left / right test show anything?
  • wugawu
    Options
    Leostat said:
    Does windows 'think, it's outputing sound in the volume mixer? I'm wondering if it is using something like GPU out thinking hdmi or display port audio is connected

In the sound options what's the default device set to, what config (stereo,minio, surround) and does the left / right test show anything?
    No it does not recognize any output sound in the volume mixer.
    Also no sound comes from any test and all configs are set to normal microsoft settings.

• wugawu
    Options
    hey guys just bumping this thread as I think a lot of people can benefit from it
  • predhelios
    predhelios Member Posts: 17 Troubleshooter
    Options
    Just posting here to put across my case. I bought my acer helios PH315-53 a few months ago and things seemed to be working fine. Now, from about a month ago due to a windows update of below, it seems my speakers as well as headphone jack connected headphones have stopped working. Bluetooth earphones still work though. Ugh. Let me know if any solutions. Tried to roll back the drivers for realtek(R) audio. No help. Do I roll back any more?

The only thing that does work is to do a windows reset to a state saved before the update...

• Patato
    Patato Member Posts: 12

Tinkerer

Options
    I am still getting this audio issue along with the internal speakers sounding worse than a 2004 brick laptop. When I first bought this laptop in August, there were no audio issues whatsoever. It all went to hell when Windows decided to update itself to 20H2 and update the latest BIOS and Realtek drivers without my knowledge back in November. It's now 2021 and there's still no fix for this that I'm aware of and it definitely seems to be on the software side of things.