Noises - left corner and headset, predator helios 300

Options
Miki33
Miki33 Member Posts: 3 New User
edited November 2023 in 2020 Archives
Hello, I have two problems with my Acer Predator Helios 300. Both problems are about noises comming from laptop. First one is cooming out of the left corner (area around Esc button), it is like buzzing, if I move with touchpad or mouse it makes constant buzzing. Second type of noises is comming from my headphones (connected to the 3,5 mm jack), it is like "bird singing" or like "high frequency strikes" every few seconds, it is heard while there is quiet in the room. Is it possible to do something with it? I tried 5 type of headphones and in all of them I can hear it and it is so ennoying (both as from the left corner as from the headphones). On another 2 (older) laptops this wasn't happening. Can you help me or should I give the laptop back?

Miki33

Answers

• kainamor
    kainamor Member Posts: 5 New User
    Options
    I have seen this posted a couple times on here. I had the same thing a couple times when I used headphones. I know this seems crazy but I realized mine was coming from my vape pen charger. As soon as I moved the charger the sound went away. Do you have any phone or other kind of chargers around you when you hear it in the headphones?
  • Miki33
    Options
    kainamor said:
    I have seen this posted a couple times on here. I had the same thing a couple times when I used headphones. I know this seems crazy but I realized mine was coming from my vape pen charger. As soon as I moved the charger the sound went away. Do you have any phone or other kind of chargers around you when you hear it in the headphones?
    Yes I have, I have a fridge, old laptop charger, phone it self, wireless mouse all around this new predator, well I can take it to the library without any charger things around to test it, but I think the noises are going to still be there. :/
  • predhelios
    predhelios Member Posts: 17 Troubleshooter
    Options
    Hi there. This is a problem with me as well. Was there any resolution to this @Miki33 ? Another thread that speaks about the same thing :

@kainamor do you think there was a resolution? I don't think I have any devices near my laptop!

• Miki33
    Options
    Hey there, I think that the "high pitch noise" is not there anymore. I don't know if it was "repaired" by some update of Win10, drivers, BIOS etc. But I do not hear it anymore :) The thing with "noise from left corner around Esc button" is still there and I think that it is not possible to get rid of it as it is "mechanical" thing and not repairable by software :( Only possibility is to lower it and almost get rid of it (as I found it elsewhere) is to lower maximal state of CPU from 100% to 99% (significant lowering of the noise) and you can also lower it more like to 75% and you will not hear it (I hope).
    Go according to attached picture. Hope it helps. :)

• predhelios
    predhelios Member Posts: 17 Troubleshooter
    Options
    Hi @Miki33 . Seems there are many users facing the "high pitched noise" issue. I am one of them. Here are a few more:

Maybe if you posted your specs on that thread above they can figure out the problem?

• Akagami029
    Akagami029 Member Posts: 31 Die Hard WiFi Icon
    Options
    Please share your windows and realtek driver version.