2020 Acer Predator Helios 300: Audio Issues PH315-53

Options
124»

Answers

• Akagami029
    Akagami029 Member Posts: 31 Die Hard WiFi Icon
    edited March 2021
    Options
    Geforce experience is the only choice here :/ I have a nitro, maybe that's why?

Also, how is the battery life? Any other side effect?
    @TANTANTAN

PS: I have the i7 + 1660ti model.
  • Akagami029
    Options
    Okay, so I followed the steps. It does remove the noise, but at the expense of temperature and battery life. Clean installing only the graphics driver removes the HD Audio driver which is causing the problems, essentially having the same effect as disabling the nvidia hd audio service from device manager. 
    @TANTANTAN

• TANTANTAN
    TANTANTAN Member Posts: 55 Enthusiast WiFi Icon
    edited March 2021
    Options
    Did you download the correct software from acer page based on your exact model ? And you are using 1660ti, so I am not sure which code is for your gpu. As I know, driver -G1B is for rtx2060 version. I did not install the geforce experiece , just graphics driver. @Akagami029
  • Akagami029
    Options
    Yes, I got the software right.
    How long does your battery last right now? 
    @TANTANTAN
  • TANTANTAN
    Options
    Sorry for late reply. The battery did lasts less than 2 hours now. But I always keep laptop plugged in, so that is not a problem to me. @Akagami029
  • Akagami029
    Options
    TANTANTAN said:
    Sorry for late reply. The battery did lasts less than 2 hours now. But I always keep laptop plugged in, so that is not a problem to me. @Akagami029
    It also seems to increase the temperature overall... So I'm not really liking this method.
    Planning on buying a usb c to 3.5mm adapter and forgetting about this issue.
    Have you considered getting the laptop replaced? @TANTANTAN

• TANTANTAN
    Options
    I think the stock software that come with new helios 300 have no issue with the noise. The problem is only happen after user updated the nvidia driver. So, the new helios 300 can last for less than 2 hours only out of the box ? Can anyone justify it ? @Akagami029
  • ZonDe19
    ZonDe19 Member Posts: 15 Troubleshooter
    edited March 2021
    Options
    TANTANTAN said:
    I think the stock software that come with new helios 300 have no issue with the noise. 
    No, My helios had this problem out of the box no updates nothing. @TANTANTAN

• FAD69
    FAD69 Member Posts: 1 New User
    Options
    taznkid said:
    Hello,

I recently purchased the above laptop. I am well satisfied in all aspects but one: when I connect a device to the audio jack, there is this constant high pitch whining sound. It is alright for a short moment after I plug in my headset, but after that the sound constantly persists. I am fairly certain it is a software issue (if I mute my laptop, the sound goes away, and though it is difficult to tell, I am fairly certain the intensity of the sound is influenced by the volume setting). I have checked that my drivers are up to date. Any fixes, or even a workaround solution, would be much appreciated.
    I had the same issue and been struggling with it for a while now when i plug any earphone or headset in the 3.5mm jack and i have even reset it once assuming that it would fix and now i finally fixed it. just install fxsound audio enhancer from goolge, the problem will be fixed right away, also you might have noticed the inbuilt speaker volume is incredibly low in this laptop. this app increases the speaker sound twice better than it already is. i'm soo happy that i found this app and finally fixed it
  • mohpfd96
    mohpfd96 Member Posts: 6

Tinkerer

Options

I tried every single solution

And find out that there is a driver or app called realtek console which cause this

And just uninstall it and problem will be gone forver!