Options

Answers

• XdxD
    XdxD Member Posts: 1,583 Community Aficionado WiFi Icon
    Options
    archon88 said:
    Issue still happend again in SC..
    Feels bad!
    Trying to do my best here - Your happy Predator owner =)!
  • archon88
    archon88 Member Posts: 56 Devotee WiFi Icon
    Options
    XdxD said:
    archon88 said:
    Issue still happend again in SC..
    Feels bad!
    It does, nVidia also released 2 more driver versions this week, really had my hopes up 
  • XdxD
    Options
    archon88 said:
    XdxD said:
    archon88 said:
    Just got another bluescreen with the same message while playing CS GO and it took me at least 15 restarts before my screen would go back up..
    Upload your mini-dump in some file sharing service and share the link in Microsoft Community in new thread or here. They can help diagnose it correctly (I don't have much knowledge regarding getting information from Mini-Dump files).
    I have created a post on the Microsoft community, thanks for your advice. Here is my mini-dump and the other post:
    https://gofile.io/?c=mNNTtm
    https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-performance/bsod-in-csgo-sometimes-starcraft2-weird-display-on/f5061b6f-87ce-4335-991a-22e4bfe7f063?tm=1570884018859
    I don't understand why is no one answering your question over there. Post a similar thread here after reading the top note. I hope they answer it. Also, run this with internet once: https://www.microsoft.com/en-in/download/details.aspx?id=35 and then check for any BSODs.
  • archon88
    Options
    XdxD said:
    archon88 said:
    XdxD said:
    archon88 said:
    Just got another bluescreen with the same message while playing CS GO and it took me at least 15 restarts before my screen would go back up..
    Upload your mini-dump in some file sharing service and share the link in Microsoft Community in new thread or here. They can help diagnose it correctly (I don't have much knowledge regarding getting information from Mini-Dump files).
    I have created a post on the Microsoft community, thanks for your advice. Here is my mini-dump and the other post:
    https://gofile.io/?c=mNNTtm
    https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-performance/bsod-in-csgo-sometimes-starcraft2-weird-display-on/f5061b6f-87ce-4335-991a-22e4bfe7f063?tm=1570884018859
    I don't understand why is no one answering your question over there. Post a similar thread here after reading the top note. I hope they answer it. Also, run this with internet once: https://www.microsoft.com/en-in/download/details.aspx?id=35 and then check for any BSODs.
    I've reinstalled DirectX a few times, did not help
    I will put a post on that forum, thanks

Meanwhile I'm still toying around with settings, tried disabling hardware acceleration in discord and such things, I think it happens less rarely now, sometimes I can finish a match or reconnect  in time, but it's still pretty annoying.
  • archon88
    edited October 2019
    Options
    I've desperatley ran MSI Kombustor and more stress tests, nothing suspicious anywhere :astonished:

In the MSI CPU Burner launched on 12 threads the fans don't even go above 2880 RPM since the temperature stabilizes around 65 *C with the cooling pad that I have lmao 

//EDIT
    For some reason in the intel graphics control panel, my maximum performance plan was set to maximum battery, gonna see if this helps with anything but I doubt it is related to my issue
  • XdxD
    Options
    archon88 said:
    I've desperatley ran MSI Kombustor and more stress tests, nothing suspicious anywhere :astonished:

In the MSI CPU Burner launched on 12 threads the fans don't even go above 2880 RPM since the temperature stabilizes around 65 *C with the cooling pad that I have lmao 

//EDIT
    For some reason in the intel graphics control panel, my maximum performance plan was set to maximum battery, gonna see if this helps with anything but I doubt it is related to my issue
    Try everything. You don't know when that small thing would help.
  • archon88
    Options
    Seemed to work fine the past 2 days now with the new drivers that have been released recently :-?
  • XdxD
    Options
    archon88 said:
    Seemed to work fine the past 2 days now with the new drivers that have been released recently :-?
    Good news for you!
  • archon88
    Options
    This issue does not happen anymore on games, but sometimes the GPU crashes on startup, so I have to restart and leads to this BSOD, after a few restarts works well untill turned off again :anguished:

• XdxD
    Options
    On startup? Shouldn't your PC use Intel HD while doing everything other than heavy workloads?
  • archon88
    Options
    XdxD said:
    On startup? Shouldn't your PC use Intel HD while doing everything other than heavy workloads?
    Expressed myself incorrectly, once the PC boots up and I try to launch a game or something for the first time.
  • XdxD
    Options
    Try to do these once: Uninstall your Intel HD graphics (if DCH, do from Apps and Features from Settings) and NVidia graphics drivers (using DDU) completely. Next, download the latest ones from Intel and NVidia sites (Intel one would be DCH and NVidia one would be standard one) and install them and check. I am using the one from Intel (i.e., generic) and NVidia (also generic) and haven't faced any problems till now since clean install of 1903 in August.
  • StevenGen
    StevenGen ACE Posts: 9,942 Trailblazer
    edited November 2019
    Options
    archon88 said:
    I a running windows 10 build 18362, also I've narrowed this problem down to some specific games, for the moment StarCraft2 and CS:GO, I have successfully played other games, mostly more modern for hours with no sign of issues.
    Is it the Windows OS built: 18362.449 as that is the latest? Are you also running NVIDIA v441.12 WHQL driver? To me it sounds like its your games that are buggy and need to be setup correctly. have a look on the games manufacturing sites and/or their communities, if there are special setting and bugs with the RTX2060 that coincide with problems what you are experiencing.
  • archon88
    Options
    StevenGen said:
    archon88 said:
    I a running windows 10 build 18362, also I've narrowed this problem down to some specific games, for the moment StarCraft2 and CS:GO, I have successfully played other games, mostly more modern for hours with no sign of issues.
    Is it the Windows OS built: 18362.449 as that is the latest? Are you also running NVIDIA v441.12 WHQL driver? To me it sounds like its your games that are buggy and need to be setup correctly. have a look on the games manufacturing sites and/or their communities, if there are special setting and bugs with the RTX2060 that coincide with problems what you are experiencing.
    I'm running that winver with the latest nVidia drivers too, the issue is not happening in the games anymore, but when the computer boots up.

XdxD said:
    Try to do these once: Uninstall your Intel HD graphics (if DCH, do from Apps and Features from Settings) and NVidia graphics drivers (using DDU) completely. Next, download the latest ones from Intel and NVidia sites (Intel one would be DCH and NVidia one would be standard one) and install them and check. I am using the one from Intel (i.e., generic) and NVidia (also generic) and haven't faced any problems till now since clean install of 1903 in August.
    I guess I'll try that once again.
  • archon88
    Options
    Did not help :-(
  • XdxD
    Options
    archon88 said:
    Did not help :-(
    Get it replaced or refunded if still under that period.
  • archon88
    Options
    Did not have the chance to get it replaced yet as I'm still abroad, will be going back to France in about 2 weeks time, the issue transitioned from SC2 & CS:GO to World of warships now?!?!
    I can play the games where I previously had issues perfectly now, but one out of two times that I start world of warships it goes black and crashes my gpu, having to restart the pc with the same blue screen as in the previous posts.
    I can't understand how this works at all anymore
  • XdxD
    Options
    You need to get it replaced. Hopefully you won't have issues with that.
  • archon88
    Options
    Happy new year!

An update on my situation:

I have sent the computer in warranty to my reseller in the middle of the previous month (December, 2019). It has then reached an Acer service center.
    Upon contacting the reseller almost every day, I am not given any information other than the fact that my computer is in an Acer center right now, so I've decided to contact Acer. They have told me that the computer is still awaiting an diagnostic, and an ETA is only to be disclosed to my reseller, which fails to transmit me any information.

As the Acer service guy that I was chatting with managed to confirm me that the computer with my serial number is in their service, I have ensured that more information regarding my problem is given to them which was noted to the case by the kind person that I was in contact with, as my reseller has noted down: "Random crashes of the GPU".

So almost one month later I'm still at the stage where I'm hoping that at least the Acer techincal service can identify the issue with the given information, so my unit can either be repaired or replaced, as it occured pretty randomly and it might not be the most evident one to reproduce.

Since my warranty is 2 years (still valid), and the french legislation permits the client to enforce a refund if the unit is not properly repaired/replaced over 30 days, I am currently starting to hesitate in doing so around the next week, even though it is with regret as it was a really great machine when this issue was not bothering me.

Many thanks for those who have tried to help me, and still bother to check if my computer is finally functional.

• archon88
    Options
    Another update: I've kept contacting both acer techincal support and the reseller on a daily basis, and finally acer has been able to tell me that they ordered a new motherboard which includes a new cpu and gpu, so it is for sure not moving fast at all but should hopefully end up resolving the issue.