I have a problem with my Acer E5 575G laptop shutting down unexpectedly?

Options

Answers

• gsduwadi
    gsduwadi Member Posts: 62 Enthusiast WiFi Icon
    Options
    Yes, I checked with another adapter and power adapter is fine..
  • JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,542 Trailblazer
    Options
    Remember @egydiocoelho , laptop only works with power adapter plugged in but not on battery alone.

You haven't had the laptop that long. How soon after updating the BIOS to 1.47 did you notice this problem? Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• gsduwadi
    Options
    Oh I see I remember that this problem was seen after I update to bios 1.47 first the problem was laptop shutdown at 70% battery charge and after somedays laptop didn't start on battery power. ( That problem was occurred when I unplugged the charger from laptop, one day laptop shutdown suddenly when I unplug and then from that time laptop not starting on battery.)
  • gsduwadi
    Options
    gsduwadi said:
    Oh I see I remember that this problem was seen after I update to bios 1.47 first the problem was laptop shutdown at 70% battery charge and after somedays laptop didn't start on battery power. ( That problem was occurred when I unplugged the charger from laptop, one day laptop shutdown suddenly when I unplug and then from that time laptop not starting on battery.)

laptop didn't start on battery power (This problem was occurred when I unplugged the charger from laptop, one day laptop shutdown suddenly when I unplug and then from that time laptop not starting on battery.)

• Commodore_1995#
    Options
    Do you know what version of bios was originally installed?
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • JackE
    Options
    And if you don't remember the answer to egydiocoelho 's  BIOS version question, do you remember the approximate date that you acquired the laptop? Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• gsduwadi
    Options
    The version of Bios originally installed was 1.32 and installed Bios version 1.47.
  • gsduwadi
    Options
    gsduwadi said:
    The version of Bios originally installed was 1.32 and installed Bios version 1.47.

The laptop was with BIOS version 1.32 when I bought and I see an update on Acer site then download and install BIOS version 1.47.

• Commodore_1995#
    Options
    Have you tried downgrading the bios to see if the problem remains?
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • gsduwadi
    Options
    No should I try that and how can I downgrade the BIOS it says 
  • Commodore_1995#
    Options
    Are you sure the laptop was turned off right after the uefi update? The downgrade procedure is not recommended and is often much more risky than updating uefi.

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• gsduwadi
    Options
    Yes I am quite sure and I want to carry out this risk. Please tell me the process, because nothing is working for me so I think this will be the best idea..
  • Commodore_1995#
    Options
    The problem is that notebook may turn off when the procedure is being performed. I think the best option is to let the notebook be checked by some service center.

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• JackE
    Options
    Run v1.32 again. Keep error message open so don't press OK or X to close it.  Open FileExplore. Click on 'C:\Users' folder. Search H2O* . Copy it and all the other files that are in the same sub-folder. Then paste them in another folder so that you can find them again.  You can now close error message. Let us know if you copied and pasted OK. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• gsduwadi
    Options
    Click on 'C:\Users' folder. Search H2O* 
    Searching H2O on C:\Users didn't return any result says no match found.
  • JackE
    Options
    You need to put an asterisk * after the h2o. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• gsduwadi
    Options
    JackE said:
    >>>Does the battery LED light up yellow or blue with the machine turned off but with the charger plugged in?>>>Yes it lights up yellow >>>

If you leave laptop plugged in and turned off overnight or for about 4 hours, does the battery LED start blinking or
     change color?
    Yes
    >>>Another problem seems to be encountered problem is that I have to start the system twice to run.>>>

Is 'fast boot' disabled in ControlPanel power button app?
    Yes

Jack E/NJ

• gsduwadi
    edited August 2019
    Options
    JackE said:
    >>>Does the battery LED light up yellow or blue with the machine turned off but with the charger plugged in?>>>Yes it lights up yellow >>>

If you leave laptop plugged in and turned off overnight or for about 4 hours, does the battery LED start blinking or change color?

>>>Another problem seems to be encountered problem is that I have to start the system twice to run.>>>

If you leave laptop plugged in and turned off overnight or for about 4 hours, does the battery LED start blinking or change color?
     YES
     YES
  • JoeMarie
    JoeMarie Member Posts: 10 New User
    Options
    R u still Getting a problem ..
  • gsduwadi
    Options
    @JoeMarie Not any issue now alright.