I have a problem with my Acer E5 575G laptop shutting down unexpectedly?

Options

Answers

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,542 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓
    Options
    Sorry, if a full erase-everything factory ALT+F10 cold boot reset failed to fix the problem, it strongly suggests a mainboard hardware failure. So what has your local technician done to this machine to come to his conclusion that it is NOT a hardware issue? Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• gsduwadi
    gsduwadi Member Posts: 62 Enthusiast WiFi Icon
    Options
    Now laptop detects the battery for the short time after starting the laptop (about 2 minutes) and stop detecting battery and shows 255% available (plugged in).. 

• JackE
    Options
    Did you get this result after a full factory reset? Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• gsduwadi
    Options
    yes i get this after full factory reset

• gsduwadi
    Options
    JackE said:
    Did you get this result after a full factory reset? Jack E/NJ
    yes

• JackE
    Options
    What happens now when you disconnect the charger? Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• gsduwadi
    Options
    When I disconnect the charger laptop turn off.
  • gsduwadi
    Options
    After I connect the charger it shows charging battery 0% doesn't increase percentage (in this case yellow indictor of charging glows). After a while it says 255% plugged in  as I mentioned earlier, in this case yellow indictor doesn't glows.  
  • JackE
    Options
    Does the battery LED light up yellow or blue with the machine turned off but with the charger plugged in? Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• gsduwadi
    Options
    JackE said:
    Does the battery LED light up yellow or blue with the machine turned off but with the charger plugged in? Jack E/NJ
    Yes it lights up yellow 

• gsduwadi
    Options
    Another problem seems to be encountered problem is that I have to start the system twice to run.
    First if I press the power bottom windows doesn't boot up show acer logo and then black screen, system is on but not booting into windows then I should press power bottom again and then system powers off.
    Second time while I press power bottom system runs and boot to windows and work properly.
  • JackE
    Options
    >>>Does the battery LED light up yellow or blue with the machine turned off but with the charger plugged in?>>>Yes it lights up yellow >>>

If you leave laptop plugged in and turned off overnight or for about 4 hours, does the battery LED start blinking or change color?

>>>Another problem seems to be encountered problem is that I have to start the system twice to run.>>>

Is 'fast boot' disabled in ControlPanel power button app?

Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• gsduwadi
    Options
    JackE said:
    >>>Does the battery LED light up yellow or blue with the machine turned off but with the charger plugged in?>>>Yes it lights up yellow >>>

If you leave laptop plugged in and turned off overnight or for about 4 hours, does the battery LED start blinking or change color?

>>>Another problem seems to be encountered problem is that I have to start the system twice to run.>>>

Jack E/NJ
    YES
    YES

• JackE
    Options
    Blinking yellow or solid blue battery indicator? Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• gsduwadi
    Options
    JackE said:
    Blinking yellow or solid blue battery indicator? Jack E/NJ
    Blinking yellow

• JackE
    Options
    >>>I replaced battery but the problem didn't solved.>>>

Did the machine boot on the new battery without charger when you first installed it? Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• gsduwadi
    Options
    No it didn't boot without charger I have to use charger to run the system..
  • JackE
    Options
    Does the bottom cover of the laptop have a pinhole with a battery symbol? Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• gsduwadi
    Options
    JackE said:
    Does the bottom cover of the laptop have a pinhole with a battery symbol? Jack E/NJ
    YES

• gsduwadi
    Options
    What should I do next?