I have a problem with my Acer E5 575G laptop shutting down unexpectedly?

gsduwadi
gsduwadi Member Posts: 62 Enthusiast WiFi Icon
edited October 2023 in 2020 Archives
I bought this laptop 1 years ago. Laptop used to shutdown unexpectedly after it reach to battery 70% . I reset, uninstalled battery driver and many more also followed all the answers on acer community. Then after I contact to acer service center and they said to replace battery. I replaced battery but the problem didn't solved. Now laptop don't run on battery power. Its shows 30% battery power and doesn't charge and don't start on battery I have to AC adapter to use laptop. Laptop is performing so nice, it don't have problem with board. What might be other possible problem? I need urgent help please!

Best Answer

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,444 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓
    Sorry, if a full erase-everything factory ALT+F10 cold boot reset failed to fix the problem, it strongly suggests a mainboard hardware failure. So what has your local technician done to this machine to come to his conclusion that it is NOT a hardware issue? Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

Answers

• JackE
    Go to the elevated command prompt.  Enter 'powercfg /batteryreport'. Then return to the desktop. Open file explorer. Then search for' battery-report.html' in the c:\windows\system32\ sub-folder. Double-click to open it in the browser. Compare design capacity with full charge capacity. Post screenshot if possible. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• gsduwadi
    This is the screenshot as you mentioned to do.
  • gsduwadi
    Another SS
  • JackE
    Battery seems good. Open Device Manager. Click 'Batteries' folder. Uninstall ALL the battery and control device drivers. Exit without re-installing anything. Then open ControlPanel. Search 'button'. Click 'change what the power buttons do'. Click 'change settings that currently aren't available'. Scroll down and uncheck the box for fast startup. Shutdown machine. Then turn it back on. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• gsduwadi
    That didn't work do you have other methods please. I am in trouble.
  • JackE
    Wait! When was the last time the battery worked correctly? The history report suggests April 6th? Is this correct? Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• gsduwadi
    No its not correct. I think it was February and I installed new battery on March it is also not working and battery drain from 30% to 0%.
  • JackE
    >>>I have to AC adapter to use laptop>>>

Does the laptop run on AC without a battery? Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• gsduwadi
    Yes it runs without battery
  • gsduwadi
    gsduwadi said:
    Yes it runs without battery
    gsduwadi said:
    Yes it runs without battery on Ac power

• JackE
    >>>I replaced battery>>>Its shows 30% battery power and doesn't charge>>>>

Did the new battery ever charge or show more than 30% while plugged in? Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• gsduwadi
    Its not charging since I change it and never increase the percentage while plugged in.
  • JackE
    If the laptop never worked with the new battery without being plugged in, I suspect that  the battery connector and its mainboard receptacle (B in image below) has a problem.  Carefully inspect the mainboard area around the B connection for any solder cracks. If you can't see anything wrong,  then simply try to re-seat (remove and re-insert) this connection several times to try to clean the internal metal contacts which could be dirty or corroded. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• gsduwadi
    Thank you so much. I will try as you said and let you know it will solve or not quickly.
  • gsduwadi
    I tried this step too but laptop don't charge. 

Two problem occur recently:
    When I plug in laptop for long time the battery indicator will blink.

• JackE
    Blinking battery indicator suggests battery is at a critical low charge, below 5% or charging problem. We already know that. In order to rule in or rule out a hardware problem, an ALT+F10 cold boot full erase-everything factory reset or a partial factory reset saving personal files should be tried. If you can backup or save your personal files to a USB pendrive, then a full factory reset as shown in the video below would be preferred to a partial reset. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• gsduwadi
    Does resetting the laptop will solve battery not charging and not starting on battery problem?

• gsduwadi
    That didn't solve the problem too as I reset the laptop. First no battery was detected after resetting was complete then I shutdown and start the laptop again it detects the battery but not  charging..
  • JackE
    Open ControlPanel. Search 'button'. Click 'change what the power buttons do'. Click 'change settings that currently are unavailable'. Scroll down and uncheck the box for 'fast startup'. Shutdown. Then turn the machine back on. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• gsduwadi
    Sorry nothing is working. Could you please connect this laptop with remote session and figure out the problem. I am in trouble now. Local technician also said this it is not hardware issue. What might be the issue?