Acer aspire VN7-571G - won't recognize m2 disc

Options

Answers

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,512 Trailblazer
    Options
    Don't use the m.2 nvme. Use a plain vanilla m.2 SATA3 like we discussed before. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• mikasso09
    mikasso09 Member Posts: 86 Troubleshooter
    Options
    Yeah, after that i thought about the same thing haha
     NOW i cannot boot again .

• JackE
    edited July 2019
    Options
    Pull the card out. Is anything on the card? Also, pull the boot USB stick out. That 'where do you want to install Windows' screen shouldn't be there. What are you doing? Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• mikasso09
    Options
    I know it should be there, just wanted to check if the disc is showing up in the instalation screen just as it was before but it didnt..
    "NO BOOTABLE DEVICE" is showing up when i pull the usb stick
  • JackE
    Options
    Did you also remove the m.2 card? Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• mikasso09
    Options
    Yup, i did 
  • mikasso09
    Options
    So, i found temporary fix.. 
    I have disconnected the ssd disc for like 10 seconds then put it back..and it works 
    Aldo i wanted to update the BIOS firmware but the program says that i have the same version of the BIOS already installed

• Commodore_1995#
    Options
    When you connect the ssd m2, does the problem still occur?
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • mikasso09
    Options
    Well especially when using m2 ssds, i tried both m2s and when i connected them suddenly bios cannot find any disc..
  • Commodore_1995#
    Options
    Does this also occur when putting boot mode on legacy?
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • mikasso09
    Options
    I cannot boot at all with legacy, only UEFI works (but not always, i mean after putting the m2 in and  then out it has issues and cannot boot neither) 
  • JackE
    Options
    As mentioned earlier, many machines have compatibility issues with m.2 NVMe cards. So use plain vanilla m.2 SATA3 cards instead. Stop trying to force the machine to use NVMe card. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• mikasso09
    Options
    I Just sticked in the nvme twice,(wont do it againagain )now i tried the sata3 and the same thing happened
  • JackE
    Options
    Why did you stick nvme in twice? Why do you keep doing this? Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• mikasso09
    Options
    I did this earlier.. Like yesterday and the Day it came from store 
  • JackE
    Options
    The VN7-571G's m.2 slots were certified to function reliably with SATA3 cards/speeds, not NVMe cards/speeds. Jack E/NJ 

Jack E/NJ

• mikasso09
    Options
    Ok, but the problem is that the sata3 doesnt work too

• Commodore_1995#
    Options
    So there really is a problem on the 2280 m2 port of your notebook, unfortunately!

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• JackE
    Options
    Yep, agreed, mikasso09  's brother originally took the m.2 ssd out  because he complained about that laptop had problems with finding the card. Perhaps a solder reflow would fix it but would be a very hazardous procedure. Not advisable. So just  use the 2.5" drive and be happy that it works.  Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• mikasso09
    Options
    I will stick to the 2.5" but now i cant boot to it again..