Acer aspire VN7-571G - won't recognize m2 disc

Options

Answers

• Commodore_1995#
    Commodore_1995# ACE Posts: 97,735 Trailblazer
    edited July 2019
    Options
    I'll edit my answer! Would you like to test ssds on another computer?
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • mikasso09
    mikasso09 Member Posts: 86 Troubleshooter
    Options
    I cant, the only m2 port i have is in my laptop.. But im pretty sure that ssds are working cause they are new, and also bought it from diffirent resselers
  • Commodore_1995#
    Options
    Are there any hd connected? If so, try disconnecting it and make sure ssd is recognized! 
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • mikasso09
    Options
    There is only m2 disc connected 
  • mikasso09
    Options
    Is it okay, if ssd is pointing up (look at Picture)  when i stick it in?? 
  • JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,536 Trailblazer
    edited July 2019
    Options
    No! It must be screwed down at the top on the encircled thread tab on mainboard to make full contact. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• mikasso09
    Options
    Yes i know that haha, Just been curious about that angle
  • JackE
    Options
    If the BIOS Information tab still doesn't show an m2 card, you can try a risky BIOS firmware update suggested earlier by egydiocoelho
    But I doubt it will work so I wouldn't do it if it were my machine due to the firmware update risk of disabling the machine. Which probably means one of two possibilities. Either both new cards are incompatible with your mainboard or the mainboard m2 slot is inactive. If it were my machine,  I would return the two m2 cards and get a plain m.2 2280 cards that match the original specifications for this mainboard with maximum of 256GB as shown below. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• mikasso09
    Options
    Okay i Will buy one of these mentioned above. What does it mean that m2 slot is inactive? How can i enable it? 
  • JackE
    Options
    Worst case would be a defective m.2 socket or its soldered mainboard connections.  Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• mikasso09
    Options
    So, i notced that DVD drive is working so decided to buy an SSD and a slot to fit ssd in its place.. BUt it still doesnt work!!!
  • JackE
    Options
    I thought you were going to try the plain vanilla m.2 SSD, not try an DVD caddy???? This adds another separate layer of complexity. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• mikasso09
    Options
    Yeah i wanted to, but its seems to not to work:/ Well, both solutions aren't working.. Cause even supported m2s aren't showing up in bios
  • JackE
    Options
    Well, it might be time to try BIOS firmware update suggested earlier by egydiocoelho
    If the BIOS update doesn't fix the problem then the m.2 slot has a hardware problem.
    Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• mikasso09
    edited July 2019
    Options
    Okay then, how do i update the BIOS firmware then?
    Edit: Found these files 
  • Commodore_1995#
    Options
    a) download version 1.14
    b) uninstall any antivirus that is installed and disable windows defender
    c) Disconnect any device that is plugged into the usbs ports
    d) let the battery charge up to 100% and leave the notebook connected to the power adapter directly on the socket!
    e) pause the windows updates
    Then just run the uefi firmware update file!

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• mikasso09
    edited July 2019
    Options
    Guys, I cannot boot to Windows and do the update that way because Windows is not installed.. 
  • Commodore_1995#
    Commodore_1995# ACE Posts: 97,735 Trailblazer
    edited July 2019
    Options
    Then you should install windows on hd, update the firmware uefi and then test the ssd m2!

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• mikasso09
    Options
    I have no clue how to connected the HD..
    I tried an DVD caddy and SSD but it didint work
  • Commodore_1995#
    Options
    Can you tell me the exact model of the notebook? Example vn7-571g-719d!

egydiocoelho Trailblazer