Acer aspire VN7-571G - won't recognize m2 disc

mikasso09
mikasso09 Member Posts: 86 Troubleshooter
edited September 2023 in 2019 Archives
 Hi guys, I have an issue, my laptop cannot find my new m2 disc, it's a WD Green 240GB M.2 SATA - WDS240G2G0B. Need help!
P.S. Also i found free slot named "HDD 1" on motherboard which means i can attach typical SSD instead the m2 right?

Answers

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,470 Trailblazer
    You must initialize the new m.2 card using ControlPanel's disk management utility and make it either GPT or MBR partitioned. GPT if you want to make it a boot disk. If the free slot is a typical 2.5" SATA3 slot, then yes you can plug in a 2.5" HDD or SSD. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• mikasso09
    What if i cannot see any disc in diskpart? I opened command prompt through windows instalation usb drive but there is only one: Disk 1 - Online- 14 GB, others (Disk 0 , Disk 2 Disk 3 are No Media 0B discs)
  • Is ssd recognized in the uefi information section? If it is recognized, what colleague JackE said is correct, but it is possible that the disk is not allocated space!
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • mikasso09
    edited July 2019
    Well, its not recognized in bios, in boot priority order it looks like this
     "1. HDD :
    2. Atapi CDROM
    3.Network Boot IPV4
    4.USB HDD:
    5. USB CDROM....
    ... "

P.S. Also in Information tab,
     HDD model Name - None
    HDD Serial number 
    Atapi model name - None 
  • Commodore_1995#
    Commodore_1995# ACE Posts: 97,695 Trailblazer
    edited July 2019
    No! Verify that ssd is identified in the information section!
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • mikasso09
    It's not, unfortunately..
  • when changing the boot mode option to legacy, is ssd recognized in the information section and also in boot?

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• mikasso09
    Yup,same thing happens
  • Did you connect the ssd correctly? Have you tried resetting the battery and also disconnecting the hdd, to check if ssd is recognized?
    https://youtu.be/NfhgnxUJoZo

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• mikasso09
    I have done the reset of the bettery but it didn't change anything.. I think that i sticked the ssd in right way cause it came in effortlessly. (Logo of WD is pointing to the bottom, i mean to the battery slot, not to the screen)
  • mikasso09
    I don't have any HDD connected just the m2 disc.
  • JackE
    Did you affix the m.2 SSD in the m.2 slot with a screw on top? Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• mikasso09
    Yes, for sure
  • That's what classmate JackE wants to know, see:

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• mikasso09
    edited July 2019
    I just checked it, it looks just like there in the picture
    P.S. I just had some Gateway error and couldn't reach this site
  • JackE
    Me too. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• JackE
    Maybe you got an m.2 lemon. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• mikasso09
    edited July 2019
    Ummm.. M. 2 lemon? What does it mean?:D
    By the way, also i have an NVME disc, both (this and WD green sata) are new.
  • JackE
    Means you may have gotten a bad m.2 SATA. Does the NVME have two key slots or only one? Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• mikasso09
    Both looks the same, NVME and SATA SSDs looks just like the one on the right (longest SATA one)