Acer aspire VN7-571G - won't recognize m2 disc

Options

Answers

• Commodore_1995#
    Options
    The nvmes have a key m while the sata 3 has a b + m key! Would you like to test ssd on another computer?
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • mikasso09
    mikasso09 Member Posts: 86 Troubleshooter
    Options
    Yeah, i mean i would like to but my PC and another laptop does not support m2 SSDs
  • JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,535 Trailblazer
    Options
    Some newer m2nvme's apparently now have both key openings like the m2SATAs and will fit in 2 keyed SATA slots. So I'd probably try the nvme to see if it's recognized. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• mikasso09
    Options
    I just checked my m2 slot and there it looks like it can fit nvme
  • JackE
    Options
    So let's try the nvme. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• mikasso09
    Options
    It was the same situation with it. I Wonder why my nvme looks Just like the sata, but has the nvme sticker
  • JackE
    edited July 2019
    Options
    As I noted earlier, some newer m2NVMEs have the same form factor as the m2SATAs so they will fit and work in most m2SATA slots with 2 keys. Just to double check, enter the BIOS menu again. What do you see in the INFORMATION tab? Jack E/NJ

PS: Was Win10 factory installed?

Jack E/NJ

• mikasso09
    Options
    It looks like this.
     Okay, i ll try to check it today, but if not i Will do it tommorow (i think it was the same as it was with sata

• JackE
    Options
    Was Win10 or Win8.1 factory installed? Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• mikasso09
    edited July 2019
    Options
    I think i t was 8.1 but im not really sure
  • Commodore_1995#
    Options
    In this case, I see three options:
    a) replace the ssd by another with the dealer;
    b) reset the internal battery;
    c) and finally try to update the uefi firmware. However, this is not a viable attempt as it does not refer to the ssd compatibility in the Acer changelog!
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • mikasso09
    Options
    I switched between two above and nothing happened, did the battery reset before, so it looks like i have to update uefi
  • mikasso09
    Options
    How do i do that?

• Commodore_1995#
    Options
    I'm not sure if a uefi firmware update will solve the problem! Ideally, you should replace ssd with your reseller!

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• JackE
    Options
    So neither the SATA3 nor NVMe cards were recognized in the BIOS INFORMATION tab? Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• mikasso09
    Options
    Yup, exactly. Nothing changed, no matter which disc is connected
  • mikasso09
    Options
    I mean,it says that no disc is connected - NONE
  • JackE
    Options
    It's possible but unlikely that two cards are bad. Could you please post screenshots of your BIOS Information and Main tabs? Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• mikasso09
    Options
    Bad, you mean it does fit to this motherboard right ? 
  • mikasso09
    Options
    Here is a screen with m2 nvme connected