Acer aspire VN7-571G - won't recognize m2 disc

Options
12346»

Answers

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,522 Trailblazer
    Options
    What error message do you get? No bootable device? Is it GPT partitioned? Is BIOS in UEFI mode? You may have to re-install Windows on it withoiut any m.2 drives attached in UEFI mode. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• mikasso09
    mikasso09 Member Posts: 86 Troubleshooter
    Options
    it is no bootable device, it should be GPT partitioned cause i installed Windows there and it was working fine. 
  • JackE
    Options
    OK. What happens if you try to boot from the Windows installation stick again? Does it recognize the drive is there? Does the BIOS INFORMATION tab recognize the driver is there? Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• mikasso09
    Options
    When i boot through the Windows installation stick laptop cant find the drive again, same in information tab in bios.. 
  • JackE
    Options
    Sorry, this strongly suggests an intermittent failure of the connections between the mainboard's drive controllers and its CPU.  Since it sometimes works and affects both the 2.5" and m.2 sockets, I'll guess that the failure is one or more solder ball connections at the CPU. A full or partial solder reflow of the mainboard may be the only hope for a fix. Jack E/NJ  

Jack E/NJ

• mikasso09
    Options
    Okay, i still cant boot.. NO BOOTALBE DEVICE sign is still showing up, even diskpart cannot find the SSD.
    I want to fix it, but how do i manage to do that?
  • mikasso09
    Options
    I bought an SATA to USB connector to check if the disc is still visible and it is showing up in the UEFI and Windows Instalation too
    (Will post photos soon)
  • JackE
    Options
    Sorry, if the HDD is consistently recognized through the USB ports but not the mainboard sockets, it strongly suggests a mainboard failure. A risky solder reflow may be the only way to try to salvage it.  Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• mikasso09
    Options
    Indeed, but few days ago it worked..
    What exactly do i have to solder then?
  • JackE
    Options
    A solder reflow is essentially baking the motherboard on an aluminum foil cookie sheet for about 15minutes in an oven preheated to about 425*F. Google the terms 'motherboard reflow toaster oven' for a description and videos on the process. It is risky but may be the only way to salvage the board.  Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• mikasso09
    Options
    Okay i fixed my GPU once in the same way:D
    I Just did that but nothing happened i Will try higher temperature.. I did 150 at first then turned UP to 180C for 15 minutes
  • JackE
    Options
    Mainboard solders typically melt at about 220*C or 430*F. So 180*C is way too low for a reflow. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• mikasso09
    Options
    did 215 and still nothing:/ Should i try once more?
  • JackE
    Options
    Sorry. 215*C is still too low. You risk degrading the circuit board material if you heat it too long at those temperatures without actually melting the solder. The copper traces will start liffing off the board if you keep doing this without actually melting the solder. Don't keep heating the board unless you can PRE-heat oven to 220"C or 430*F. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• mikasso09
    Options
    Okay, will do