Triton 500 PT515-51-70BJ : Screen turn off randomly while gaming!

Options

Answers

• WardenRomeo
    WardenRomeo Member Posts: 97 Enthusiast WiFi Icon
    Options
    Thx! Make sure the problem remains ?
    I'll update it as soon as I can :) and also the 1903 version of Windows 10, should I or it's not stable ?
  • Commodore_1995#
    Options
    For you to check, if after updating the driver, if the problem with the black screen still occurs! I've already upgraded to the 1903 version and so far, I have had no problem!
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • WardenRomeo
    Options
    For you to check, if after updating the driver, if the problem with the black screen still occurs! I've already upgraded to the 1903 version and so far, I have had no problem!
    Okay I've updated a few things, bluetooth, Chipset and DPTF ( Dynamic Platform and Thermal Framework ).

For IRST I'm thinking if I have already it installed (so if I can update it) or if I don't have it (and have to install it). How can I check if it is already installed to update it ?

Because yesterday when I opened the setup it wanted to install and not update (or my mistake).
  • Commodore_1995#
    Options
    This is the latest version available: https://downloadcenter.intel.com/pt-br/download/28650/Tecnologia-de-armazenamento-Intel-Rapid-Intel-RST-interface-de-usu-rio-e-driver?product=55005
    Check the version here:

Does the problem with the black screen still occur?
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • WardenRomeo
    Options
    I know, but I had a question, in my laptop where can I find if there is IRST or not?
    Because I'm thinking that there isn't actually and I won't update it but juste install it?
    I haven't tested the laptop in games yet. But it happens not every day, I'll tell you if the problem is still there during this week :) 
    And I didn't say, thx for your help! 
    Hope that it will work before holidays ;)
  • Commodore_1995#
    Options
    I'll call some colleagues here!

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,483 Trailblazer
    Options
    >>>For me it's the power supply which is not strong enough!>>>

(1) What is open circuit voltage output between charger plug's center & outer contacts?

(2) Is battery near 100% charged and charger plugged in BEFORE you start heavy gaming loads?

Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• WardenRomeo
    edited June 2019
    Options
    Hi! I didn't understand the first question. For the second it change nothing I had the full battery before playing just before and the screen has just turned off.

Edit ; I restarted the laptop and it has 94% now. You see the power supply is not strong enough!
  • JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,483 Trailblazer
    Options
    Check the open circuit voltage output of the charger with a multimeter. It should be about 19volts DC. If it is not about 19volts, the charger is defective. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• WardenRomeo
    Options
    JackE said:
    Check the open circuit voltage output of the charger with a multimeter. It should be about 19volts DC. If it is not about 19volts, the charger is defective. Jack E/NJ
    Ok, I'll test but that's only the screen which turn off instantly. I don't have multimeter lol
  • WardenRomeo
    edited June 2019
    Options
    Okay I'm back, I did the 1903 update and actually there is an update "NVIDIA Display" I'll keep you tuned.
  • Commodore_1995#
    Options
    Can you still have the notebook with the reseller? maybe it's the best option!

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• WardenRomeo
    Options
    Okay, I've updated Windows 10 and DPTF drivers. I'll keep u tuned 
  • Aleksandartg
    Aleksandartg Member Posts: 13

Tinkerer

Options
    @WardenRomeo In the event viewer(system log) when this happens, is the error "Display driver nvlddmkm stopped responding and has successfully recovered"?

• WardenRomeo
    Options
    @WardenRomeo In the event viewer(system log) when this happens, is the error "Display driver nvlddmkm stopped responding and has successfully recovered"?

Hi! How can I check that pls?
    I'll try next time there's this issue.
    Actually it works fine but I click sometimes on the Windows button to leave the game quickly and go again on the game.
  • Commodore_1995#
    Options
    I wonder if the problem with the black screen also occurs when the external monitor is connected?

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• WardenRomeo
    Options
    I wonder if the problem with the black screen also occurs when the external monitor is connected?
    I don't use external screen. 
    Something special happened today, I was playing r6 and I as I said I clicked on the win button to to back to the desk. One time I clicked and at the same time the screen flashed "black" (it turned off and turned on instantely or that was just a normal black screen I don't know. Also the sound bugged) and on desk the mouse was bugging for like 5 secondes and I go back to the game and all worked fine.

That was weird!
  • Commodore_1995#
    Commodore_1995# ACE Posts: 97,716 Trailblazer
    edited June 2019
    Options
    Have you tried lowering the resolution and refresh rate (144hz for a smaller update) to see if the problem remains? If I'm not mistaken, this model has the g-sync technology on the notebook monitor! Have you tried disabling this function on the nvidia board?

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• WardenRomeo
    Options
    Have you tried lowering the resolution and refresh rate (144hz for a smaller update) to see if the problem remains? If I'm not mistaken, this model has the g-sync technology on the notebook monitor! Have you tried disabling this function on the nvidia board?
    You are right, there is Gsync. I have a game which work not good enough with the new RTX graphics cards so I disabled Gsync for using the Intel UHD 630 with the game. My laptop has not crashed but I player r6 without Gsync and it has crashed.

That's hasard because I play r6 a lot.
    The laptop crashed on TDU2, TDU1 and R6 for now.

As I said that's random so I can lower the resolution yes but I don't know if it will works or not for a long time haha
  • Commodore_1995#
    Options
    So try to decrease the display resolution and also the refresh rate of the display and post the result:
    Resultado de imagem para refresh rate

egydiocoelho Trailblazer